584,849 active members*
4,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Copy Index

Copy Index

Using Bobcad V28.

Anyone on here know how to copy an Index instead of having to redo all the steps again to get an index?
    Or is it possible to create a plane from an index that way I can use that plane for another tool path later on that index.

For example if I want to go around my part and do two pockets one at 0 degrees and the other at 180 degrees then come back and do a finish on both. How would I go about it in Bobcad. I know there is an option for repeat where is this option? I only have geometry on the top of my part. I should be able to do a repeat and get my tool path where the geometry is and another on the opposite side. I don't know how to do this in Bobcadcam. Would some one be kind enough to show me.

Thanks!

Re: Copy Index

There will be a couple ways, depending. So the index is a "part of the setup", with a feature added to it. You could create a 180 degree ucs then use that to set your added index, save and reload the feature to that (or copy and paste). If it is the same feature geometry for both sides, you could use a "pattern" to repeat the first op at 180

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    There will be a couple ways, depending. So the index is a "part of the setup", with a feature added to it. You could create a 180 degree ucs then use that to set your added index, save and reload the feature to that (or copy and paste). If it is the same feature geometry for both sides, you could use a "pattern" to repeat the first op at 180

How would I go about and duplicate the index say two three times around my part evenly, instead of creating an index for every operation? The pattern is used to rotate right? Saw the option just didn't use, will try this.
    I like to keep track of my indexing and keep them from 0-360 just makes it easier to read the posted code this way. Whether its in the positive direction or negative direction.

Thank you!

Re: Copy Index

Quote Originally Posted by lennd View Post
    How would I go about and duplicate the index say two three times around my part evenly, instead of creating an index for every operation? The pattern is used to rotate right? Saw the option just didn't use, will try this.
    Yes! For duplicate, the pattern is perfect....

Attachment 301566

So in this dialogue, choose 3d option. Then for 3 "even" copies, I enter 360/3 in the angle field and 3 in the number of copies.

The bottom area you can define the axis with a 0 start and a 1 end in the x axis (Or whatever)........

Let us know if you get stuck.