585,712 active members*
3,883 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Axis limit blocked axis movemnt on Mikron WF40C

hi there, does anyone have experience with that machine, we've just got it and don't yet know it's quirks and tricks.

We were trying all axis motion from end to end and the Z- movement hit hardvare switch (endswitch) which blocks all axis movements according to manual.

Seems like this machine has two axis limiters, one is software, value in um (micrometers) set in machine parameters which when you reach, the alarm will notify you and stop the axial movement, but you will be able to manually retract the axis back from this software limiter and reset the alarm - no worries.

The problem is that on one axis, Z, there was no software limit, it was set basically as 9999999 or like 10 meters but the machine only has something like 700 milimeters or 0.7 meters in travel on that axis.

So now all axes movement is disabled and we can't use machine until it's somehow moved away from that switch or reset.

We don't know how and we can't change the value in machine parameters (parameters number 160-163 and 170-173). What's the procedure or syntaks to change those parameters?

There is supposed to be a manual/auto switch inside the machine control (behind the monitor and keyboard external unit) which we've pressed but nothing happened, still couldn't move no axis.

I don't know if we should'he tried turning machine off first then flipping that switch and then turning it back on, because we tried it while it was running - no effect.

Please help because we need the machine and the service is far away from us so if we call it even for such a simple fix it will be expensive.

Re: Axis limit blocked axis movemnt on Mikron WF40C

Hi,

Which controller is it?
    Mine has a 810M controller which has a button which need to be pressed and then you can Jog the axe which has overtravelled away from the switches.
    In my case that's impossible to do alone since that button is in the electrical cabinet at the back of the machine. Maybe you can find a sxitch marked S100 (in my case) on the electrical wiring diagram?

Gr
    Bart