585,931 active members*
5,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > SCM Record 220 / CNC Retrofit / Lg Production Router / 10 Tool Changer / +13 Drills
Page 1 of 4 123

SCM Record 220 / CNC Retrofit / Lg Production Router / 10 Tool Changer / +13 Drills

Greetings,

I am going to be doing a CNC Retrofit for one of my customers.

I had my customer, purchase the KFlop, Kanalog, and 3 Konnect boards. See Picture below. Mounted so the Konnect boards can slide side to side... this give immediate access to all I/0 Terminals.

Attachment 301728

__________________________________________________ __________

This machine has:

X Step & Direction Encoder AC Servo
    Y Step & Direction Encoder AC Servo
    Z Step & Direction Encoder AC Servo
    TC Step & Direction No Encoder (TC = Tool Changer) Stepper Motor Open Loop
    C Analog Encoder DC Servo
    W Analog Encoder DC Servo

Spindle Speed Cntrl. +- 10V Analog Out
    Spindle Override Pot. +- 10V Analog In
    Feed Override Pot. +- 10V Analog In

24VDC I/O

58 INPUTS
    51 OUTPUTS
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Tool Changer and the 13 Drills are all Pneumatic Positioning; for operation. They have
    set offsets, for positioning. Which will become a part of the Tool Change routine.

This means I will have min. of 23 Tools.

First Questions:

For the Axis situation above. Axis C & W are positioned in Degrees, DC Tach. Drives... Encoder is direct back to Kanalog. Then the machine uses the tools in that position. Like for drilling into the side of a cabinet door. Like pocketing hinge mountings. So these will be connected up as Analog drives.

1. The other XYZ axis, and the Tool Changer are Step and Direction.

2. I need 5 Encoders and I need 4 Step and Direction Axis... how is the best way to accomplish this?

3. If I use the JP5 for the Step and Direction, where will Encoder 5 go to?

4. If I use the JP5 for Step and Direction, I will most likely have to add a C10 board for Isolation?

5. Can I use Kflop JP4 somehow for the Step and Direction output??? This would save the JP5 for the encoders???

6. Regarding Tools X23, can the tool file handle 23 tools? Or is the tool file limited to 20 tools??

Thanks so much,
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Re: SCM Record 220 / CNC Retrofit / Lg Production Router / 10 Tool Changer / +13 Dril

Hi Jeff,

Clever mounting of the Konnects!

I need 5 Encoders and I need 4 Step and Direction Axis... how is the best way to accomplish this?
    With all your options and I/O I can't think of a simple solution.

The simplest I can think of is to use 4 Step and Direction Axis outputs on KFLOP JP5

Then make a custom cable to route the Encoder signals coming from Kanalog and normally going into KFLOP JP5 to go instead into encoder inputs on KFLOP JP6.

The encoders inputs can be mux'ed from JP5 to JP6 with:

// Mux encoder inputs from KFLOP JP5 to JP6
    FPGAW(ENC_NOISE_FILTER_ADD) = ENC_4_7_JP6 + ENC_NOISE_FILTER_DEFAULT_VAL;

Konnects will then need to connect to KFLOP JP4

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Re: SCM Record 220 / CNC Retrofit / Lg Production Router / 10 Tool Changer / +13 Dril

Hi Jeff,

Opps that won't work. I forgot about the 150 ohm pull down termination resistors on KFLOP JP6. The Kanalog single ended encoder outputs aren't capable of sourcing to that load.
    TK

Hi Jeff,

Trying again. Here is a different option. It requires a special cable between KFLOP JP5 and Kanalog JP9 to keep only one encoder connection (your 5th encoder). The use 3 Step/Dir Outputs on KFLOP JP5 and one Step/Dir Output from KFLOP JP4.

See attached:

See [URLClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Encoder5StepDir4.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	301852="http://www.dynomotion.com/Help/StepAndDirection/StepAndDir.htm"]here [/URL]for how to mux Step/Dir Generators 0-3 from KFLOP JP7 to JP4 and JP6
    TK

OK, got it... I made up a cable that does what is described above. I will hook up a test motor and test each circuit, here at my office; before I take it to the customer.

Am I clear, that I must put in my Initialization file... as below:

//Mux Stepper Outputs 0-3 from JP7 to JP4 and JP6.
    //Note: using Pin 13 & 14 on JP4 for 4th Axis Step&Direction Output.
    Mux=1

Will this interfere with the operation of my three Konnect Boards on JP6???

Thanks,
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Hi Jeff,

To activate the FPGA Multiplexing to JP4 and JP6 you would add a line of code as described in the link to your Init file like:
    FPGA(STEP_PULSE_LENGTH_ADD)=32 + 0x40; // set the pulse time to ~ 2us and multiplex to JP4 and JP6

not Mux=1

You could use Pins 13 and 14 for the Step/Dir Generator #0 but you would be better off using Pins 15 and 16 for Step/Dir Generator #1 because those pins don't have pull down resistors and can work in open collector drive mode. I don't believe you told us what interface requirements your Step/Dir Dives have.

It will have no effect on Konnect boards on JP6.

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Sorry,

I failed to read all the way down... to the bottom of the page... I see where it mentioned the FPGA settings.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

For the Tool Changer, I am using a AutomationDirect Stepper Drive STP-DRV-6575... that is what JP4 will be used for?

The other 3 channels of Step & Dir. will be running Yaskawa ServoPack Drives... SGDB-10VD type drives. Approx. 1999 or 2000 versions. They are Step and Direction Input.
    See document below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ServoPack Pulse_Sign.pdf  

Hi Jeff,

I am using a AutomationDirect Stepper Drive STP-DRV-6575
    These seem to have inputs as basically an LED + 440 ohm series resistor. You should be able to drive those with +5V and KFLOP in open collector mode. They seem to spec on voltage of > 4V and off voltage < 0.8V. KFLOP open collector off voltage would be more like 1.2V (due to diode clamp to 3.3V) so would technically be out of specification. But most LED's require more than 1.2V to even begin to conduct even without the 440ohm resistor so I would expect it to work.

The JP4 Pins 15 and 16 Step/Dir would be best used for this drive because there is no series 47ohm resistor as on JP5 which makes it easier to meet the > 4 V specification.

Yaskawa ServoPack Drives... SGDB-10VD type drives. Approx. 1999 or 2000 versions. They are Step and Direction Input.
    These seem to have inputs as basically an LED + 150ohm series resistor. LVTTL outputs should drive those well. The Yaskawa drives should support A B quadrature which is the mode I prefer as it avoids timing issues (pulse length and direction setup time), less noise sensitive, and lower frequencies.
    TK

Ok, I have moved the wiring for Step & Direction, to JP4 Pins 15 & 16 as advised.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

I have upgraded my BlueCNC4 to GoldCNC5, which I have also upgraded from ver. 4.32 to 4.33k... same version I am using for my RedCNC2.

This will not be a "5 Axis" machine... as you would normally think. The 4th and 5th axis move in Degrees, and are stationary while in operation. For drilling or pocketing on an angle. A axis is + or - 22.5 degree. and the C axis is 360 Deg.

Attachment 302248

__________________________________________________ ______

Question: The machine has 1 main spindle... with tool changer. I understand what to do with all that.

It has 16 other spindles, in a large drill head. This all will have cutters, saws, or drills; mounting into each spindle. 4 are Horizontal, and 12 are Vertical.

Attachment 302250

Can I, in the Tool Change routine, when a Tool is called; do some math, and tell the Coordinate system that "G54" is now G54 + T11 Offsets on the X and Y?
    Will the new Tool X and Y offsets work, to do this... without having to do this tricky math?

Can you explain, if the Tool X & Y offsets; can be used on a Mill or Router... and some theory as to how that could work? Or is is just for lathes??

Thanks so much,

Hi Jeff,

The Tool X Y Offsets (and Z Length) are applied the same regardless with mills and lathes.

I would think that would work. Just switching Tools should apply the new offsets if they are set properly in the tool table. I would expect that the Tool Change routine would save the Tool in Use somewhere in KFLOP (global persist variable) that would then allow things like M3 to be able to know which drill or spindle to power.

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Tom,

I could never get the Tool XY to have the effect of offsetting, or influencing the G54 - G59. offsets. Seems it has some other effect, which I cannot use on this router. Like when I have a XY Tool offset entered. It effect the size of a circle being machined. Not the location of the circle? May only be useful for a lathe.

I am going to, for T11 - T26; change my application, to save these XY offsets for these tools. Then use those to offset my "Fixture Offsets". Thus I will get the results I need. I will block those settings from being written to the tool file, they will be "0" as far as the interpreter will know.

My next question:

Which persist.userdata locations are not being used elsewhere... am I safe using like numbers 111 - 199 for various info.?

Thanks,

Hi Jeff,

The Tool offsets should be independent of the Fixture Offsets. Tool Length Compensation needs to be turned on with G43.

Lathe CSS can use persist locations 110 to 114 after that should be available.

Regards
    TK

New Question:

double fro = KM.CoordMotion.FeedRateOverride;
    double fr = KM.CoordMotion.FeedRate; //This would be a reference to the current feedrate set by the Gcode "F" command...

Where do I find this "F" feedrate setting in C# .net? Can find FRO several places,... just not the actual FeedRate??

Thanks,

Hi Jeff,

I believe it is:

KM_Interpreter.KM_Interpreter_SetupParams.Get_Feed Rate()

HTH
    Regards
    TK

I found in the Visual C# 2010 Express object browser:

KMotion_dotNet.KM_Interpreter.Get_ResumeFeedRate()

However, I cannot seem to access this... I thought it may be the same as "FeedRate".
    I do not find FeedRate at all anywhere...

Possibly not available in .net... can it be exposed somehow?
    __________________________________________________ _______

Up to now, I have been using the Call Back referenced feed rate "DesiredFeedRate_in_per_sec"... but this proves to not work half the time... or is not a dependable source for the Current Feedrate...
    Sometimes these call backs do not send messages... and I don't have any clue as to why they work sometimes, and sometimes not... thus I need this to come directly if possible??

if (GV.units == 1) { GV.curfr = DesiredFeedRate_in_per_sec * 60; }
    if (GV.units == 2) { GV.curfr = DesiredFeedRate_in_per_sec * 60 * 25.4; }

Thanks so much for your help...

Hi Jeff,

Feedrate was exposed back in August. Please try looking in Version 4.33

Regards
    TK

I have version 4.33k

Should I find a later revision?

Thanks,

Hi Jeff,

Yes. Please use Version 4.33. It is the latest and final Release Version after all the 4.33xxx Test Versions.

Regards
    TK

I will download the lastest version from your sight... 433 and see how it works...
    Thanks,

Ok, downloaded the 433 version, from the website... and this version says it is 433k... but is different than the "k" version I have.

I have installed it and modified my program, icons, and so application. I did find the feedrate:

private void GetCurrentFeedRateNow()
    {
    GV.curfr = KM.CoordMotion.Interpreter.SetupParams.FeedRate;
    }
    __________________________________________________ ______________

This works very good... and updates quickly as expected. Thanks so much.

Page 1 of 4 123