585,567 active members*
3,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Canned air works. However, the air gets very cold causing the engine to get very cold and slow down quickly. Here is a link to a video of it running. To connect the canned air, I turned a piece of brass to fit the port on one side and the rubber hose on the other. The hose is fuel line from an RC airplane. Notice the sophisticated hose clamp holding the hose the plastic spray nozzle.

http://rcazparts.com/mill/jinglebell5.mpg

I've tried canned air in the past too, as rcazwillis says, the engine gets really cold and slows down also, I found that you had to shake the can otherwise the air flow slowed right down, couldn't understand that, I was using one from a humbrol airbrush.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.gilling View Post
    I've tried canned air in the past too, as rcazwillis ...
    Nick,
    I'll bet you could make a little gadget to hold and peirce a CO2 cartridge. Perhaps some kind of needle valve could regulate the speed.
    Regards, Ray
    ​"There is no such thing as a gun free zone."
    Ray Brandes, Ray-Vin.Com, PCB, FL 32408 USA

Ray,

Never thought of using CO2 but now you come to mention it, I already have one of those on the mig welder I've just bought.

I've not used the welder yet (only practice runs) but I doubt if the gas would last very long running an engine on it.

Steam Powered Generator

Has anyone seen a Brown Steam engine built? He has some larger designs that would power a 10KW generator. Also has anyone bought a Industrial Hobbies machine? I hear they are going through a ownership change. Any imput would be appreciated. Michael

Go to the paintball store and get a co2 tank and reg cost about $3.00 to 5.00 to fill a 20oz tank.

I suppose you could send him a small compressor. Noisy, but if he is like my Dad, he might not hear it anyway.

I used the can of air. It worked fine for the situation. The compressor would not have been an issue for him, but others around him might have an issue. It worked out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by harryn View Post
    I suppose you could send him a small compressor. Noisy, but if he is like my Dad, he might not hear it anyway.

my name is agustin

helloto all member cnczone

Page 2 of 2 12