Hello, I have a Craftex Ct-129n Mill, I am really just having bad luck with it! Originally, I bought it used, when I got it home I plugged it in just to see if it would spin up. It did not spin up, checked the fuse at the back it was blown, replaced the fuse, tried it everything was good, spun up, rpm digital display was working, fully functional! A couple of months later, I was cutting some steel tube (with a hole saw), I guess I got a little greedy with the downward feed, and I heard a pop come from the mill, and it was dead again. I live in the middle of the sticks, 4 hours away from any busy bee store, not really sure what the issue was, I had ordered the power supply and speed control and the digital rpm read out and optic sensor. When the parts arrived, it was off to the garage, figure out how to wire all these boards back in and get the mill running again. Two and a half hours later, Abracadabra! the mill was going again, only no digital rpm readout which i can live without but would be nice because it came with the mill. The manual gives a very poorly drawn schematic and actually I was amazed after using those schematics that it did work.

Anyhow, all was good, up until last week, same issue all over again, spark, pop, no mill, long story short... only this time was being very cautious not to over labour the motor. I have all the circuit boards back on the bench,

I've tested the power cord 120v AC input the the power supply board, and I have 120v AC coming out of the power supply board.

Is there supposed to be DC voltage at the outputs of the power supply board or AC?

I would like to find the underlined causes as replacing circuit boards every 3 months is getting expensive, I think I have found something that may be causing the issue(s) that I am having there is a bridge rectifier I had to look up the procedure to test it (been a long time since playing around with electronics) It seem bad shorted internally every which way. this would be a whole lot cheaper to replace than the whole board. And have found ton of info, more so for the grizzly than the craftex.

Anyway, thought I would throw the question out there see if anyone has picked these boards apart before, or has an extra board kicking around they were willing test for ac or dc voltage at the outputs or, if anyone just knew off the top of their head.

Thanks in advance for any help

not sure if I posted this in the proper section.