585,969 active members*
4,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > PartMaster CAM quit working.

PartMaster CAM quit working.

It's P/M version 10 loaded from the CD on on a PC I use at work. The PC has XP and has been running P/M for several years with no problem.

When the program loads, the initial screen comes up and responds to whichever button I choose, ie: "Continue with last job" "Start a new job" whatever, but when the program finishes loading the choice I've made, it won't respond to any button I press and it won't even close by pressing the "X" button in the upper right corner. Only way it'll close is to right-click the button on the taskbar at the bottom & choose close.

I loaded the CD this morning and chose "Repair" but still have the same problem. Should I completely uninstall the program & start over or??

Re: PartMaster CAM quit working.

Wierd. The CAD program worked fine but no joy with the CAM side. I uninstalled/reinstalled everything this morning and it's now working properly. I hate it when things rock along working well & then just quit for no apparent reason. Sunspots I guess.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the software did you need to do anything with the license? I too came across this issue monday. Sent a email and got a response 24 hrs later with a solution that i had mentioned i had tried already. Trying to get this figured out within different time zones(US vs UK) is not the quickest way to get my machine back to work. Talked to a guy here in the US at Dolphin and he did not have an answer for me.

Properly deleting the registry will fix this.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin USA View Post
    Properly deleting the registry will fix this.
    If referring to the toolbar fix program i have tried both options with no luck. If there is another way please explain.

Got a email last night. Deleting the registry for Dolphin within Windows fixed the issue. Good to know if ever it locks up again. Thanks for the help Support@ Dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch72cj View Post
    Got a email last night. Deleting the registry for Dolphin within Windows fixed the issue. Good to know if ever it locks up again. Thanks for the help Support@ Dolphin.
    any way i could talk you into talking me through the process im in a jam right now because of this same issue any help would be appreciated I tried to get ahold of Dolphin had no luck, the Pa number was real joy I got a homeowner three times something crossed up in Pa she told me so Im down until I can fix this