585,582 active members*
3,885 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > After SC9 upgrade can not longer post canned cycles

After SC9 upgrade can not longer post canned cycles

HI, I upgraded from SC8 to SC9 and first job I did required drilling and tapping. But I keep getting and error when I post. I know the post was good under SC8 as I used it quite a bit. I've attached a screen shot of the error. Any one else get this error?

Re: After SC9 upgrade can not longer post canned cycles

Quote Originally Posted by scottsss View Post
    HI, I upgraded from SC8 to SC9 and first job I did required drilling and tapping. But I keep getting and error when I post. I know the post was good under SC8 as I used it quite a bit. I've attached a screen shot of the error. Any one else get this error?
    Hi Scott, sounds like you have the same issue reported here, except that this message was always posted and was not dependent on the use of canned cycles:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/sprutc...ml#post1590272
    I checked your post and it appears to have the same issue:
    Attachment 302166
    Try adding a "-1" after "CldFile.FileCount" as I commented in the above post. If in doubt, search the post processor help for "CldFile operator", or even just Google for it, you'll find an example of how it should look.
    Step

Thanks for the reply. I made the change and it did indeed get rid of the error. But I'm still not getting the canned cycle to be inserted. See attached screen shot.Attachment 302226
    I stepped threw the program in the editor and I'm not sure what command to look for but there is no G98. It runs threw the program and skips the part of the program that would cause the G98 to be inserted.

Any idea's or does someone have a working Haas post for A VF2 and Mini Mill. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I made the change and it did indeed get rid of the error. But I'm still not getting the canned cycle to be inserted. See attached screen shot.Attachment 302226
    I stepped threw the program in the editor and I'm not sure what command to look for but there is no G98. It runs threw the program and skips the part of the program that would cause the G98 to be inserted.

Any idea's or does someone have a working Haas post for A VF2 and Mini Mill. Thanks
    Hi Scott
    This is getting interesting I took an existing part and disabled everything except a drilling op. I generated the g-code with the latest Tormach post just to make sure that I was starting from a working base, and guess what, no drilling code was created! My part was initially created in Sprut 7 and used the post command "Cycle". This is disabled in the latest Tormach post and is skipped over as you also experienced. In this case I could simply enable it via the Code checkbox (right column in the Cmd tab) for CYCLE. This might help a little if your project was originally created in Sprut 8 (no guarantees - I never used 8).
    My next thought was the "Long Hand" strategy instead of "Canned Cycle" but this option wasn't available. The imported project wasn't fully compatible with Sprut9 and only a minimum of options were available so I had to recreate the opereation. Then selecting "Long Hand" produced all the necessary ops - just not using canned cycles, but I've never been a great fan of canned ops anyway.
    You're likely to have a bigger problem with new projects because canned cycles now appear to have moved from "Cycle" commands to "ExtCycle" commands. Your post contains the following definition:
    Code:
    program ExtCycle

end
    but even this is disabled!
    I downloaded a Haas post from the Sprut downloads and it generates the following g-code:
    Code:
    G100 G28
    G00 X0. Z11.
    Сверление с ломкой стружки в HAAS не предусмотрено 
    G54 M09
    M135
    G28
    M30
    I guess that's trying to tell us that something went wrong
    I'd suggest using long hand code generation, recreating the operation if necessary, until an updated post is available. Personally I prefer the "Long Hand" option because it provides more options (retract and next moves at higher rates - perhaps the Haas provides some options I'm not aware of?).
    Good luck
    Step

FWIW I had my wife translate the message. "Drilling with broken swarf in Haas is not supported". Sorry but "swarf" was my word, they are referring to the long spirals that come off of a drilling cycle - as opposed to Peck Drilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabs1542 View Post
    FWIW I had my wife translate the message. "Drilling with broken swarf in Haas is not supported". Sorry but "swarf" was my word, they are referring to the long spirals that come off of a drilling cycle - as opposed to Peck Drilling.
    That appears to correlate. Thanks.

I also asked this question on the Sprutcam forum and was told to change how my drill cycles were calculated. I did the change and regenerated the code. But still no dice. I'm having Sprutcam America ask Sprutcam to fix the post. Wish they made the posting process easier to understand so I could fix it myself.

I did do a post using long hand. It did work for drilling but you need the canned cycle for tapping. I also ran into the problem that both retract and rapid were all done at feed speed. So a three minute operation seemed to take forever. as there were fourteen holes. But I only had one part to make.

I also asked this question on the Sprutcam forum and was told to change how my drill cycles were calculated. I did the change and regenerated the code. But still no dice. I'm having Sprutcam America ask Sprutcam to fix the post. Wish they made the posting process easier to understand so I could fix it myself.

I did do a post using long hand. It did work for drilling but you need the canned cycle for tapping. I also ran into the problem that both retract and rapid were all done at feed speed. So a three minute operation seemed to take forever. as there were fourteen holes. But I only had one part to make.
    Hello Scott
    I'm not sure whether you have found a solution but I've just come across a setup entry that might help you:
    Attachment 306136
    I'm presuming that your Sprut is set to EXTCYCLE so selecting the CYCLE option would appear to restore the old post calls.
    Step