585,931 active members*
5,284 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > I am buying a laser cutter! Budget is $30K must cut 2mm stainless thoughts?!

I am buying a laser cutter! Budget is $30K must cut 2mm stainless thoughts?!

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum. I have come here in the past for help on various issues; most notably problems with setting up Mach3 on my Chinese desktop CNC Router.
    Anyway with the help of the forum I was able to figure it out! You guys are awesome.

What I need advise on:

I am going to buy a Laser cutter/engraver and have a budget of $30,000. I am brand new to this and have always outsourced my laser cutting work, but I want to bring it in house.

The first laser I thought would be great was a KERN HSE 150W or 200W. However new they are out of my price range and I can't seem to find any used one's for sale.

Requirements:

I don't care if it is new or used

The big one, must be able to cut through 2mm stainless steel.

hoping for 4'x8' ish bed size but not a deal breaker if it's smaller.

Fiber vs. C02? (Not sure, i've read pros and cons for both)

Must not require 3 phase power.

If used where to buy? beyond Ebay and laserresale.com

What's the deal with the Chinese lasers...Alibaba, ebay etc. Is it a bad idea?

While I probably won't be running it every day I do want a high throughput and reliable machine.

There are likely big questions I'm not thinking of here but any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Re: I am buying a laser cutter! Budget is $30K must cut 2mm stainless thoughts?!

We are in a similar boat but need a much smaller laser. However we have started looking at two chinese Companies Bodorcnc.com and wklaser.com I've dealt with them back and fourth and have been following a couple of posts on this website and another about other people in the process of purchasing. Its hard not to consider it because of the price difference. We are also looking at a 500W or up Fiber Laser for the future to bring out Stainless Steel laser cutting in house. Good Luck with the search and if you have any questions about those two companies let me know.

Re: I am buying a laser cutter! Budget is $30K must cut 2mm stainless thoughts?!

Dear,
    we would like to suggest 300w fiber cutting machine ,which can cut through 2mm stainless steel and price also meet your demands, if interest feel free to contact me
    Here is the working video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_4...ature=youtu.be
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Kasul51 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum. I have come here in the past for help on various issues; most notably problems with setting up Mach3 on my Chinese desktop CNC Router.
    Anyway with the help of the forum I was able to figure it out! You guys are awesome.

What I need advise on:

I am going to buy a Laser cutter/engraver and have a budget of $30,000. I am brand new to this and have always outsourced my laser cutting work, but I want to bring it in house.

The first laser I thought would be great was a KERN HSE 150W or 200W. However new they are out of my price range and I can't seem to find any used one's for sale.

Requirements:

I don't care if it is new or used

The big one, must be able to cut through 2mm stainless steel.

hoping for 4'x8' ish bed size but not a deal breaker if it's smaller.

Fiber vs. C02? (Not sure, i've read pros and cons for both)

Must not require 3 phase power.

If used where to buy? beyond Ebay and laserresale.com

What's the deal with the Chinese lasers...Alibaba, ebay etc. Is it a bad idea?

While I probably won't be running it every day I do want a high throughput and reliable machine.

There are likely big questions I'm not thinking of here but any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Hey Andrew,

Thanks! Yea you're absolutely right. The price differences are huge. I'm going to keep searching for a pre-owned american or german built cutter for a bit. If I decide to settle for a chinese machine I will be in touch!

-Lukas

That's funny, I'm looking for the exact same product.
    Found the bodorcnc too.
    If you find something , please let me know.
    Fred