585,898 active members*
5,186 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Adaptive Toolpaths - V26 vs V28

Adaptive Toolpaths - V26 vs V28

Hello,

For those of you that use the adaptive rough toolpaths, are there big difference's between the one provided in V26 vs V28?

Admittedly, I have not really used any of the adaptive toolpaths in my V26 as I really haven't had a machine that could handle the code (up till recently have been using a 32 year old Mazak), however, I recently installed a much newer machine that can handle the look ahead and feedrates to a much better extent. It also has enough memory to handle most 3D programs I may encounter.

I did make a quick 2D program a few days ago and everything seemed to work well, although I was just cutting air. Hoping to make some test cuts today or tomorrow. I seem to remember reading a thread from a few months back that described an issue with the spiral lead in on these paths but can't remember the details, or even if it was in V26 or V28. My test program starts off the part. I have not tried a test part with an enclosed pocket yet.

Been awhile since I've upgraded so thinking now may be the time.

Thanks

Re: Adaptive Toolpaths - V26 vs V28

Yes, there was an issue with the spiral lead in on V28, however it was addressed in the last update of V28 and is fine now

Quote Originally Posted by nlh View Post
    Hello,

For those of you that use the adaptive rough toolpaths, are there big difference's between the one provided in V26 vs V28?

Admittedly, I have not really used any of the adaptive toolpaths in my V26 as I really haven't had a machine that could handle the code (up till recently have been using a 32 year old Mazak), however, I recently installed a much newer machine that can handle the look ahead and feedrates to a much better extent. It also has enough memory to handle most 3D programs I may encounter.

I did make a quick 2D program a few days ago and everything seemed to work well, although I was just cutting air. Hoping to make some test cuts today or tomorrow. I seem to remember reading a thread from a few months back that described an issue with the spiral lead in on these paths but can't remember the details, or even if it was in V26 or V28. My test program starts off the part. I have not tried a test part with an enclosed pocket yet.

Been awhile since I've upgraded so thinking now may be the time.

Thanks
    Another thing you can do when programming the adaptive roughs is checking the arc fit box. This will give you less G-code. More arcs and less point to point movement. This will speed up your machining if you don't have a high speed machining option on your machine and of course if its and older machine with less memory.

@ Engine Guy. What was the V28 spiral lead in prob?

Quote Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
    @ Engine Guy. What was the V28 spiral lead in prob?
    If my memory is correct it didn`t spiral, just plunged straight in, it was only on the Advanced Adaptive toolpath

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Thanks for the input guys!