584,800 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

have now got my machine

ok folks have now got my secondhand plasma machine a gabro running on cadlink, do i upgrade to latest version or are their others available that are better, the machine is in very good condition and seems to cut very well and is very well made i know people often talk about extraction tables, this has an under carrige that follows the cut that seems to work very well so far, if i knew how to post pics would put some up here as it seems to incorporate some great ideas, if anyone could advise if i can only use cad link to run it or suggest a better alternative

many thanks

marc

to post pics, simply upload them to your computer through a scanner or digital camera, save them to a file (my documents, my pictures, etc.), and then on here, click on Go Advanced under the message box. There is a small paperclip icon that will be above the message screen, click it. Click on one of the Browse icons, and then locate the file in your computer. Click on it to open, then click on upload. Close that small upload screen, and click on the paperclip again, select the picture. It will enter it into your response.

I think that should cover that....

I am not familiar with Cadlink, but IMO the machine might take either DXF input or Gcode, which opens the door to a lot of different drawing programs, as well as CAM programs. I would look and see what kind of file Cadlink outputs and go from there.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

ok thanks will try and take some pics tomorrow
    not sure about dxf / g code part ???, im told it will import dxf and convert, at the moment you just draw in the programme and send to machine

any help is much appreciated

thanks

marc

just found this

http://www.cadlink.com/products/prof...pkgs_compr.php

dont know how much the cadlink upgrade / software is yet although may be easier to use them as the machine seems to work well so far

Well, it looks like that software, especially with the upgrade, will work. There are drawing programs out there that might be a little easier to learn and/or use, and I don't see much about Raster/Vector work ( maybe I missed it?), so you might consider brushing up with a few programs that do that (corel draw, wintopo, etc.) and try to get used to what you have. If it will do a DXF import, then any popular CAD will do.
    IMO, it just depends on how large of a learning curve Cadlink has. If you are used to another CAD program, use it and import DXF's into Cadlink until you become more familiar with the program on the machine.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

Re: have now got my machine

Hi Marc,

I happened to have the same plasma system (pretty obscure) as you have (at least a while ago . I wonder if you still run this machine and/or if you've found some useful info about this machine. I'm running it on linuxcnc now