585,973 active members*
4,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Replacement brushes for G0704 stock motor

Replacement brushes for G0704 stock motor

Hey guys,

It seems as though Grizzly sells replacement brushes for the stock motor, but they sell two different types. It appears as though there is a version 1 and version 2 of these brushes, and I'm not sure which I should choose, and what the differences are.

My manual lists the brushes as part# P0704221-1, and Grizzly's site also lists a part# P0704221-1V2. However, I'm not sure what the differences are between them.

One other small detail is that the first part# (P0704221-1) is out of stock, and I need them ASAP. Could I use the V2 brushes and get away with it? Or, are they completely different?

I've even thought about buying a new motor, but mine still works, and I don't know if I should spend the extra cash on a newer motor just yet.

Anyone have any idea on the brush differences?

Re: Replacement brushes for G0704 stock motor

There are probably plenty of used motors around since so many have upgraded. You are a week or two ahead of me or I'd send you my motor. My upgrade should be here soon, but I need my machine in the mean time.

I really should have used the search function. There's another similar thread, and it looks like Grizzly have decided not to stock anymore of these brushes.

I went ahead and purchased a new motor instead. Sorry mods. You can delete this thread if you like.

I ordered and received version 2 brushes and the replacement caps. To large for motor 95ZT08. I decided to check and clean the commutator and found it to be defective. Now I have to find myself a motor replacement. Current motor has a 20T gear on the end of a 14 mm shaft with a10mm tapered end.

Good luck with your new motor.

Grizzly said none would be ordered for the version of my G0704 motor. Said I should go to Ace hardware or Amazon.

I've modified brushes a number of times for various generators. For example my 74 RD350 needed brushes, Yamaha wanted $35. I bought some at Sears for $4 and then trimmed them up. So it doesn't seem to far out of the question to do it for the Grizzly motor.

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    I've modified brushes a number of times for various generators. For example my 74 RD350 needed brushes, Yamaha wanted $35. I bought some at Sears for $4 and then trimmed them up. So it doesn't seem to far out of the question to do it for the Grizzly motor.
    Wow! What a price difference. As it turns out. I'll be needing a replacement motor. However, I will keep what you said in mind for future reference. Never know if the motor I find used will need an immediate brush replacement upon examination.

Thanks

G