585,744 active members*
4,241 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Recently Purchased BTC 1 Boss 7.2

I just recieved a Bridgeport BTC 1 Boss 7.2 with a 24 ATC. I was looking for a operators manual online and what I found was not encouraging. This machine purchase sounds like I made a mistake. I have had cnc experience on a Mori-Seki VMC and the Bridgeport name was above question so I purchased it to add some basic machining into out company. The machine will primary be used for hole drilling and the making of fixtures. I need some encouragement. Does anyone have some? Should I cut my losses now? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks.

There are quite a few users of this machine on this forum, just search for questions about this machine.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Cool Btc1

Rob you must of found machinemanuals.com's site I don't know if that guy ever has owened or run a BTC1 but your wright he has not a thing good to say about them but if you check out the BTC clubhouse on this fourm you will see that there are many of us with theis machines runing most of wich the oroginal control's . Some of us are wenturing into the retrofit on them but my self I'm taking the position that if it's not broken don't fix it Look on Ebay under book's and manuals they popup now and then I will look I think I still have one highlighted on there. Machinetec is a great help with service bulittion's and jonp can help with board repair I have an great invitory of holder's and alway's looking for more post your location and someone in your aeria Will proubly get in touch to help This is kind of a support group though we havent agreed on the twelve step's or there order yet. Keep your head up there are more good than bad about this machine " tool changer,threeaxis control, ac spindel drive ect. A maintance manual is a must I would recomend a paper one the CD that MM sells has such blury prints and pic's that most of that is not mush help If you cant find one I could be convinced to make you a copy of mine. Check out the club house and list your location We will try to guide you through this Have a good holiday and new year Kevin

Btc 1

Rob I hope you survived the new year I'v had enough of the cold wish globel warming would kick in call or emale If your ready to powerup your machine
    712-527-4625 [email protected] I'm about an hour away or you could come over here to look at how mine is doing Stay warm look forward to hear from you Kevin