585,722 active members*
4,162 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fadal Performance against Haas

I am trying to gather as much information as I can before going through with buying a used Fadal 4020 or a Haas VF-3.

I have been running/Managing a CNC shop for over 35 years, with five Haas VF-3's. I have tons of experience with that machine,
    Programming and using controls are not my concern, however I am gathering as much information on how they perform against one another while running Aluminum, Steel, and even Stainless.
    I will be buying a used Fadal or Haas soon for myself to start another CNC Shop. Price is a small factor which is why I am considering Fadal.
    My question is when you take out the factors of Controls, Cycle Time, and Programming, which one performs better in cutting (Hp), rigidity, tolerance and so forth, or are they close to the same?. I know the Fadals are slower with tool change and not as fast as rapids as a haas. I just need to know how they simply perform against one another.

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

Re: Fadal Performance against Haas

Hardly fair without saying which models. If you're going to compare a 1995 Fadal with a 2006 Haas there's not much comparison.

Fadals are still coveted by mold shops. I have 2. That being said I have seen a lot more Fadals that are 10 -20 years old still running great compared to Haas.

Re: Fadal Performance against Haas

Haas rigidity is no comparison to the Fadal boxway machine, but then you give up speed.
    Fadal is extremely easy and inexpensive to repair.
    Haas wins the rest of the battles
    www.integratedmechanical.ca