584,817 active members*
4,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: KFlop signature driver error (code052)

Just to add some info to the driver signing issues, I got another Win7 Pro 64bit PC, and I ended up using tessen's instructions to permanently disable driver signing checks to get running.

I tried disabling Driver Signing via F8, but as soon as the computer was restarted, the driver failed to run.
    One thing I did notice was that looking at the driver file details, all of the files were showing as unsigned. I even tried deleting all the listed files, then reinstalling via the signed driver download (http://www.dynomotion.com/Software/K...ivers_V434.exe), and they still showed as unsigned.

I've attached a screenshot of the driver file details, and all files listed were shown as unsigned.

Hi m_c,

I you get a chance please try these newer signed drivers within this Test Release:
    http://dynomotion.com/Software/KMotion434a.exe

(Note you don't have to use the Test Version to use its Windows Drivers).

There still may be a red warning but they should load and work regardless. The security catalog for these drivers has been signed by Microsoft. But for some reason when Microsoft signed it they seem to have removed all the OS Attributes except for W10. We think that is why there is the warning.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Working for me now, however it was not quite as straightforward as updating the driver.
    Trying to update the drive via the device manager kept telling me I was using the most up to date drivers.

I then tried deleting the files listed in the screen grab above, but I got an error about not being able to find the necessary driver files, and updating the driver resulted in the same up to date message. I then right clicked on the KFlop in Device Manager and selected Uninstall. Unplugged the KFlop, then plugged it back in, at which point it done the usual Found New Hardware routine and failed to find any drivers. Then using the Update Driver via Device Manager, I pointed to the 4.34a USB driver folder, and other than the big red box warning the drivers weren't signed during installation, everything is now working how it should.
    I've tried restarting a couple times, using different USB ports, and I'm getting no more signing errors.

I suspect just selecting Uninstall and not worrying about deleting the other files will work. And for reference, those other files are still showing as unsigned, but everything works.

Hi m_c,

Thanks for the feedback. The similar sequence that usually works for me is:

#1 Device Manager - Uninstall - Check the option "Delete the Driver Software for this device"
    #2 Click Action - "Scan for hardware changes" - new hardware should be found - after long delay eventually fail to find drivers
    #3 Update Drivers - navigate to new driver directory (ie C:\KMotion434a\USB Drivers)

Regards
    TK

Hello again Tom,

Quickly to let you know that we have decided to use a PC loaded with WIN XP, so is problem solved for now. In the other hand perhaps you can help us providing a jump start with the integration of KFLOP and DELTA SERVO DRIVES model ASDA-A2. 0.4KW. We are looking at putting together a 3 axis CNC small machine with educational purposes. Do you happen to have some information in how to set this up? ((modes, analag? PWM?) which one do you recommend? We will appreciate your kind help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160317_172025.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	315278Greetings

Peloflex

Hi Peloflex,

Step and direction is probably the simplest if you know how to use the drive for tuning. You didn't include data on your drives but I Googled and found this:

http://www.kalatec.com.br/servo_moto...-A2_manual.pdf

Page 3-43 shows an opto coupler type of input connected to a line driver. KFLOP LVTTL output will probably drive this well. Connect the SIGN and PULSE pins to KFLOP GND. Connect /SIGN to KFLOP DIr. Connect /PULSE to KFLOP Step.

My personal preference is to use Analog and close the loop in KFLOP but that might be more complicated for you.

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Hello again Tom,

I apologize for not being more consistent with my communication and feedback, I have been swamped with many other tasks and being constraint to dedicate just very few hours a week to this very important project.

Here is a brief report of how far I have gone so far, following your guidance I have gone ahead and chosen the step and direction mode to configure our system. and I do have a couple of questions after implementing our first basic test.

I have placed a couple of LED´s to monitor the KFLOP outputs IO8 and IO9, the first one IO8 being STEP and the second one IO9 being DIRECTION. After watching how these two behave, I have notice that IO8(STEP) behaves as expected, turning ON and OFF following what the KMOTION demo programs does. however, I am not so convinced of what IO9(DIRECTION) was doing, since this one turns ON and stayed ON all the time. This got me puzzled so I hooked up an oscilloscope to take a closer look to these two behaviors and this is what I am showing in the pictures.

Channel 1 shows IO8 STEP and looks fine, not sure about IO9 in Channel 2 that shows what it seems to be just a quick spike (OFF) but most the time stays ON.
    I am getting 2+ volts in both of them, I am not sure if this will be sufficient to activate the command inputs for the servo amp. I checked with the servo amp manual for the line driver input and says that need 5volts. according to what this other graphic shows.

I look forward to your comments,

Thank you!

Peloflex

Picture N°1 that did not show in prior post.

Name:	IMG_20160414_182438.jpg 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	317068

Picture N°2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160413_200742.jpg  

Hi Peloflex,

Please provide more specific information about what are you doing.

You shouldn't connect LEDs directly to KFLOP I/O. How were they wired?

Your scope image is blurry. Is that a 2.5 second time scale? That would be too slow to capture the step pulses.

How were you moving? What do you mean by KMotion Demo Program?

How is the axis configured? Open Collector or LVTTL outputs?

Regards
    TK

Hi Tom,

Good news! I got the servomotor moving as per KFLOP commands.

I am using IO8 and IO9 STEP AND DIRECTION outputs to send pulses to the servo amp. as you suggested.

Later on, I will work on acquiring feedback signals. I will keep you posted. Thank you!

Best regards,

AL

Hi Tom,

So far, things are looking good down here in the southland. I have all three servomotors hooked up to the KFLOP and follwing its commands. I now face two new challenges, first one is to figure out how to wire the encoders from each servo to the KFLOP inputs, the second one is to integrate the VFD for spindle motor control. I am using a Siemens MICROMASTER 420 to control a 1000W motor, an interesting motor I might add. I have never worked with a motor that looks like this one that comes with this weird 5volts/5wire "control supply" wiring arrangement. Any idea of how to work with this type of motor? problem is that this motor came with no paperwork, not even a one page flyer with a wiring diagram. Any clues will be very well appreciated.
    Attachment 317464

Name:	IMG_20160421_155300.jpg 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	317466

Regards,

Peloflex

Looks like a sensored three phase servo (BLDC?). UVW are the motor windings, and the other 5 wires are sensor power (s+/-), and three sensor outputs (SA, SB, SC).
    I would of expected there to be a matched driver to go with such a motor. Without a full datasheet, I think you'll struggle to find a suitable driver,

Hello m_c,

Is there a way around? I am stuck with the MICROMASTER 420 from Siemens for driving this motor, but that is just a straight forward VFD, no place where to hook up those sensor wires. Question. Would it be possible to control this motor using analog control and having the KANALOG card doing the interface between the motor and the VFD?

There are VFDs that accept sensors (vector drives?), however it's not something I know much about.
    You could use a Kanalog to control the VFD, however I doubt it would be able to make use of the motor sensors.

You'd probably be better asking in the Spindles/VFD forum, to try and find out more about the motor.

Thank you m_c, I will check it out.

Regards,

Peloflex

A digital signature has been discussed over there. Its uses and benefits are discussed here but I prefer CocoSign site for a better design of signature. The developer forum has been working well in this regard. Keep it up!

Page 2 of 2 12