584,798 active members*
4,310 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

KFlop signature driver error (code052)

Hi everyone,
    I am getting signature error despite the fact that I installed the last "supposed" signed USB driver.
    For info, I am running windows7_pro - 64bit

Please double check my printscreen showing the error message (sorry it is in french)

Thanks for your advices.
    Best,
    Michel

Re: KFlop signature driver error (code052)

Try this
    restart windows but while its booting hold down F8 key
    when the screen come on select the last item

"Disable Driver signature Enforcement"
    -------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot, it is running now!

Hi Michel,

Sorry for your troubles. With our new drivers disabling Driver Signature Enforcement is no longer supposed to be necessary.

To help us solve the problem could you tell us if you downloaded and ran this executable?

KFLOP_USB_Drivers_V434.exe

When you ran this executable did it ask if you wanted to allow this app to make changes and that the Verified publisher was Dynomotion?

When updating the Driver from Device manager did you browse to where you installed those drivers (C:\KMotion434\USB Drivers by default)

Thanks
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Hello Tom,

New KFLOP user here, having the exact same issue with installing the driver for running on WIN 7 and not having much luck. But in my case, I do have a new driver with the required certificate and signature, but still does not connect. One thing I have not tried yet is to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement as you have instructed another fellow member, but I believe you mentioned that shouldn´t be necessary anymore.

Any other clue or direction in how to get this baby up and running?

Foot note: I do own a side computer running Win XP and I have no problems connecting to that one. Thanks in advance!

Hello peloflex,

A new Test Version V4.34a has links that can be obtained from this post:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dynomo...ml#post1850380

Whether you want to use this test Version or not you can install it and use the drivers contained in the installation. These are now signed and cross signed by Microsoft so they might work better.

Regards
    TK

Hello Tom,

First of all, thank you for taking your time trying to help me. I am still stuck with the same scenarios, I am not able to go online between the KFLOP and my WIN7-64bits PC. I have tried many ways, also what you have suggested, but still no luck. In the end I have also try running the Test Version V4.34a but there was an error since the very beginning. some message about a file "mfc140u" missing.
    I find it very weird that windows will not let me chose the right driver even though I know for sure I have it in my system. I really don´t know what else to try.

Hi peloflex,

Sorry for the trouble these Driver Signing issues are very difficult.

I didn't really want you to use Test Version 4.34a but rather use the drivers within that installed directory. In other words use Windows Device Manager then select Update Driver, then navigate to the c:\KMotion434a\USB Drivers directory.

Did you do this? If so what happened exactly?

There is always the workaround to do the re-boot-F8 disable driver signing enforcement to get the drivers loaded.

Regards
    TK

Hello again Tom,

Yes, I did try the procedure you suggested, the weird thing is that whenever I try to go to retrieve the file with the driver, the furthest I go is to those to folders inside the USB Drivers folder, the i386 and the amd64, but once I get there, W Explorer acts as if there was nothing in it. even though I am sure there are files in there, specially the one I am looking for, the ftdibus.sys.

I have even tried to move this driver file to a different location, like my desktop, but still windows explorer cannot find it.

A friend of mine ask me to try running my Win7 PC with the VMware set as an Windows XP machine, I would like to know your thoughts on this. The one thing I don´t like about the driver signing enforcement disabling is that I would need to do this every time I run the software and to be honest, I find this to be quite inconvenient. I hope that you can guide me through a better solution. I appreciate all your help.

Best regards,

peloflex

Tom, something I should add. What puzzles me more is that I can see with my own eyes that I do have the right drivers in my system, the ones with signature and certificate, but my OS is not able to pick it up. Furthermore, at times it makes me think that the right driver is the one that is being used, but still windows acts as if it was not certified.

Here's a few suggestions from when I've had problems in the past, however I've never had any issues installing on Windows 7 Pro. I'm currently typing this from my Win7 64bit laptop that's got Mach3 installed to run my digitizing machine, and also have a desktop setup for my lathe running Win7 32bit.

Have you tried a different USB port?
    I've had problems in the past with USB devices (although never with a KFlop), where if a driver failed to install correctly for some reason, swapping to a different USB port has solved the problem, as the driver gets reinstalled for each USB port.

Do you have any anti-virus running? If you do, try disabling it and re-installing KMotion. I remember having an issue with an older KMotion installer, where the anti-virus caused certain files not to be installed properly, however I've not experienced that problem with any of the recent versions.

Also, have you tried right-clicking and installing as admin?
    Again, this isn't something I've had any issues with with a KFlop or Win7, however some other test software I installed on Win8.1 would appear to install ok, but when it came to running it, certain files never got installed. Reinstalling with admin rights cured the problem.

Hello m_c,

That is a couple of good pointers right there. First of all, yes I am trying to use it from a corporate PC, which is of course blocked with some firewall that equals a running anti virus. I might need to get myself a stand alone PC and try it like that. Second point is also something that I would need to try, running it as admin. which I think I havn´t yet. I will keep the forum posted with results. thank you!

Regards,

peloflex

Hi peloflex,

When Updating the Drivers with Device Manager - Update Driver Software - Browse My Computer - Let me Pick - Have Disk (or equivalent for your OS) you should be browsing for an Dynobus.inf file not .sys files.

Bypassing Driver Signing Enforcement should not be required every time you boot. Only once to install the drivers. That has been my experience. But several Users have reported having to do it each time for some reason. You might do it at least once to see if the drivers/USB port/KFLOP actually works.

Regards
    TK

I'd be concerned by the Corporate PC bit. I know all computers at my work are extremely locked down, and there isn't much you can install without special admin rights.

Could it be the company has locked down the USB ports?
    It's quite common to stop people from being able to use memory sticks to copy files of work systems without minimal, if any traceability. It also prevents infected files from getting into work systems.

Hello Tom and m_c, here are the latest news: for some reason the behavior of the system had changed a bit this pm. as I can show you in the attached picture, the Device Manager is showing the KFLOP driver as properly installed and good to go, however, I am still not able to get Kmotion do connect to KFLOP. Attachment 312922
    I reckon my OS is set in Spanish, thus it might appear unreadable to you, but still you can see that there is no yellow warning mark right next to the driver.

Hi peloflex
    in the first place thanks to Tom for your efforts with the drivers, but I have the same problem with signed drivers and win 64, to solve it i do this:
    - goes to accessories --> run "command prompt" like admin
    - input --> cd\
    - input --> bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    - input --> bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
    - restart windows
    - install normally the kflop drivers´

regards

Good morning Tessen! thanks for the help, I went ahead and gave your directions a try. and definitely it did make a difference, still not able to connect (steady) but closer than what it was before. Here is some snapped shots with an update.Attachment 313268
    Does it look familiar? could you or anyone help go through further from here?¨
    As we can see, at some point the status at top-left corner shows a connection between Kmotion and Kflop, however that connection goes away as soon as I click ok on the errors shown on the screen.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

peloflex

Hi peloflex,

The drivers seem to now be loaded. The problem now seems to be with the installation or how you are running KMotion.exe. Did you move it from the <install>\KMotion\Release directory? Is in the same directory as KMotionServer.exe?

Regards
    TK

Dear Tom,

Whenever I click on the download link from your Dynomotion site, my PC puts the file into the "downloads" folder by default, then when I run the exe. this creates a new folder inside my default "C" drive. Once is in it, I open this new folder named KMotion433 to search manually for the KMotion folder and then keep going to find KMotion.exe which is located inside the "Release" folder. So I believe, the answer to your question is yes, the two archives, the KMotion.exe and the KMotion.server are within the same folder named "Release". Thanks for interest and time.

Regards,

Peloflex

Hi Peloflex,

Strange you are having so much trouble it sounds like you are doing everything correctly.

KMotion.exe is expecting to find KMotionServer.exe in the same directory it is located in and create a named pipe to communicate with it. Somehow this is failing. It mght be related to your Spanish Regional Settings. If possible you might try temporarily setting to US English to see if that works (use Windows Control Panel). Or you might try running as Administrator if possible to see if that works.

Regards
    TK
    TK

Page 1 of 2 12