585,708 active members*
3,759 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Post Processors > Bobcad V24 + Gecko 540 + UCCNC + UC100

Bobcad V24 + Gecko 540 + UCCNC + UC100

Using Bobcad V24 with a Gecko 540 using a UC100 with UCCNC. This is a Chinese desktop 4-axis mill/router style machine using a 1.5kw water cooled spindle. Any one have any idea which post processor that would be the most optimal? Ive searched numerous threads, searched Bobcad post processor site and still can not find a suitable post processor. Some direction sure would be appreciated.

Re: Bobcad V24 + Gecko 540 + UCCNC + UC100

Quote Originally Posted by jcarpenter2 View Post
    Using Bobcad V24 with a Gecko 540 using a UC100 with UCCNC. This is a Chinese desktop 4-axis mill/router style machine using a 1.5kw water cooled spindle. Any one have any idea which post processor that would be the most optimal? Ive searched numerous threads, searched Bobcad post processor site and still can not find a suitable post processor. Some direction sure would be appreciated.
    The UC100 motion control unit apparently works with Mach3 controller which is what I assume you are using, so either use a Mach3 Post Processor, the basic BC_4XMill.MillPst or a Generic Fanuc (0M) would be OK but you are unlikely to get one that is 100% straight out the box

You will have to "tweak" any of them to suit your machine, Mach3 will read code from any of the above but again whether it is exactly right for the Chinese machine is anybodys guess

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

No I am not using the Mach3, I am using the UCCNC software controller. BobCads sight does have a mach3 post processor, just not a UCCNC which may be because UCCNC is newer????

OK, sorry, my error, I have looked at the web site and it does look as though the UCCNC is using standard ISO G code so I would suggest the BC_4X_Mill.MillPst 4 axis Post processor as probably the best to start out with, it is a "generic" post that does output stsndard ISO code.

Without knowing anything about your machine that`s as close as I can get, I think whatever post you use you will probably need to make some small adjustments to it but the one above should be pretty close, or even a Mach3 post as I reckon they have set up their own software to use the same code as a Mach3 front end

Regards
    Rob

Well i do wish things were as simple as they should be. I have no post processors from when bobcad installed. So it appears i need to go to their website to download any post processors. Of course BC_4x_Mill.MillPst is not in their list and i have searched Every "controller make" that they have listed. Is there somewhere else that pst might be available?

Quote Originally Posted by jcarpenter2 View Post
    Well i do wish things were as simple as they should be. I have no post processors from when bobcad installed. So it appears i need to go to their website to download any post processors. Of course BC_4x_Mill.MillPst is not in their list and i have searched Every "controller make" that they have listed. Is there somewhere else that pst might be available?
    LOL, I`m afraid nothing is simple in the world of CNC machines and CadCAM softwares

You should have Post Processors in your Mill Post Library, if you aren`t sure how to get to them follow the attached images.

Attachment 303772
    Click on the PP that is showing and then right click and an "Edit" button should appear
    Attachment 303774
    Click the "Edit" button and you should be at the image above
    Attachment 303776
    Click the "Select" button and you should go to the image above where you can select a PP from the list shown
    Attachment 303778
    Alternatively you can go to "Milling Tools" right click and from the list that appears select "Current settings" and the on the screen that appears select "Posting" and you can set the PP there as well, always worth checking that path anyway
    Also I have Zipped up two PPs for you, one is a Mach3 one for use with no Toolchanger and the other is the BC_4X_Mill.MillPst, open the Zip files and just copy and paste the Posts into your BobCAD Mill Post Library.

The path to your V24 Mill Post Library should be :-

C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V24\Posts\Mill\

Attachment 303780
    Attachment 303782

Hope that`s of some use to you

Regards
    Rob

Thanks for your time. I did find out what i did wrong though that caused me not to have the post processors. Originally i downloaded the demo version and installed as it was more updated than my disk. Then i entered my license, however, i did not have the post processor library, nor did i have Predator (the 3d visual module of Bobcad). I ended up uninstalling, loaded the original older version from the disk, then updated it with Bobcads update. Now i have Predator and my post processor has been populated with quite a few post processors, to include the ones we discussed above.
    I am still going to need to tweak the post processor as i ran a practice piece i created and i am getting an M1.txt error, unable to process, which is sending my x and y over 300 inches (my table is only 12x18) to start with.

OK, glad you are sorted now

Could be your work offset is wrong and/or where you drew your part in BC, that is unlikely to be a PP issue, more like a machine setup issue

Regards
    Rob