585,679 active members*
5,029 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > NEED - Air Deflector for Bosch 1617evs?

NEED - Air Deflector for Bosch 1617evs?

Anyone make one and willing to share? I could even 3d print one if that is what you have. I would like to avoid re-inventing the wheel if possible.

I just finished assembling my first machine (CNCRP Pro4824) and after a test cut of the Mach3 Roadrunner I most definitely need one, lol.

Re: NEED - Air Deflector for Bosch 1617evs?

Quote Originally Posted by SixOfOne View Post
    Anyone make one and willing to share? I could even 3d print one if that is what you have. I would like to avoid re-inventing the wheel if possible.

I just finished assembling my first machine (CNCRP Pro4824) and after a test cut of the Mach3 Roadrunner I most definitely need one, lol.
    Did you ever find one? I'm looking now, might have to design it myself if not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just took some Plexiglas, drilled a hole for the bit to pass, and mounted it such that it stays stationary while the carriage moves (threaded rod mounted to frame of carriage through a couple drilled blocks to make the height adjustable.)

I actually did end up 3d printing one. I will see if I still have the STL for it (on an old PC) an upload it somewhere.

It was great at keeping the router exhaust from throwing chips and dust everywhere but It didn't last long. After a week of following the bit with the shopvac I bought a dust collector and made a shoe. Dust shoe without deflector works better bc the Bosch blows chips away from the cut area and the shoe sucks umm up.

Quote Originally Posted by SixOfOne View Post
    I actually did end up 3d printing one. I will see if I still have the STL for it (on an old PC) an upload it somewhere.

It was great at keeping the router exhaust from throwing chips and dust everywhere but It didn't last long. After a week of following the bit with the shopvac I bought a dust collector and made a shoe. Dust shoe without deflector works better bc the Bosch blows chips away from the cut area and the shoe sucks umm up.
    I have a shoe, but the exhaust blows things around enough that the dust collector doesn't get as much as it could. I want to force the exhaust towards the cutter on one side so that it blows it towards the dust port mainly instead of every direction. Might not work how I envision it, but I'm going to try anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm interested in this subject too. If anybody knows of a CNC or 3d printed model, please post a link.

Thanks!

John

I have the same issue with my Makita RT0701C cpmact trim router. I cut out a deflector and mounted it at an angle to deflect the air away the work piece. It's kinda crude but it works...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161102_180821.jpg