584,833 active members*
5,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > solids toolpaths

solids toolpaths

im having a problem making a toolpath for a 3D design... the design is finished and i should be able to make the piece... but all i know is what i learned from the tutorial book that came w/ the program... it has about 8 different lessons... and only one goes over the 3D toolpaths... i have a part of the design that is an arc... and an angled part.... and but i am having a lot of trouble milling that... also the piece is a cross... and i want to get rid of all of the area around the cross so that the cross is protruding out of the metal... plz help me out...

Share the file and what version you are using and do you have the solids option?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

version 8.1.1 and yea i have the solids operation... but i cant attach the file... if thats waht u mean by sharing it...

Yes sir that is what I mean or give me a screen shot of the part so I can get a better Idea of what you are trying to do.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

ok... i think i attached them

:boxing: these are cool :stickpoke
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Drew http://www.pinckneyrobot.com/
    Pinckney High School Robotics/Automation Forum

Well lets start here, the only part I see the is 3d by meaning 3d cuts is the chamfers unless you have a tool with that angle.

Another thought is that I have a really good feeling that there are multy solids and it is not a single solid like it should be, am I correct

One of the screen shots shows a diffrent color being color 15 instead of color 10 , if this were one solid it would be all color 15.

for the main cuts I see Pocket faceing , Standart contouring and Surface flowline or surface parrail for the chamfer edges.

So this makes harder even to do the simple cuts.
    Cadcam

should i make the whole think one solid... and if i should how do i do that...

i added the wireframe... maybe it'll help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Add your MC8 file to a ZIP archive.
    Then attach the ZIP file to your message.
    We would be better able to help you then.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.