585,729 active members*
4,422 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Help

Help

So i'm new to all this and i have searched everywhere for an answer and i apologize if i'm posting in the wrong location. I was given a small desktop CNC machine from china I have a 3d printer and do a lot with auto cad and build computers for fun but have never delt with a CNC mill. So I started fresh I built a new computer just for the machine (yes i know overkill but i figured i would move all my 3d printers to that computer too.) So i built the computer hooked everything up and started to install Mach3 software well it installed but during the install it gave me a parallel drivers error which is odd because i installed a parallel port to the computer and installed the drivers for it. So now i'm a sitting duck i have no clue why the machine will not connect to my computer i have tried to uninstall mach 3 reinstall, reinstall the drivers for the parallel port. I just don't know and i need help.

Re: Help

Need more info. What OP system? Win7 is probably best.

Does Mach 3 have a list of compatible MB's and processors?

With Tormach they have a list of MB's and processors. Also they use the parallel port on the MB for Mach3 unless it's PathPilot then they have a PCI card with the port on that.

When I build a control PC I like Windows stripped down to the minimum. I don't even set up an internet connection. Turn off all sleep mode and screen saver obviously.

And on a side note you want the title of your post to be a specific description to your problem. When people browse the topics they are looking for something specific they can answer. They have to open the post to see what your issue is if the title just says "help".

sorry for the heading error op system win7 ultimate, mach 3 to my knowledge it doesnt matter mb's (it does prefer 32bit vs 64bit,not sure what my win7 ul is), im using a pci parallel chip to connect to pc.

You do need to use a 32-bit OS to run Mach3 with a parallel port. Make sure it will run in EPP mode. Some add-in parallel ports just won't work, no matter what you do. If that's the case, send it back and try again, or use an adapter to run it off a USB port.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I was reading other peoples things and someone said you couldn't run usb adapter I thought im working at getting the comp to 32 bit instead of 64 bit will update soon thank you so much so far with help