585,717 active members*
4,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Good Morning All! Going nuts here! Getting error in inkscape when.....

Angry Good Morning All! Going nuts here! Getting error in inkscape when.....

Getting frustrated here! Getting this error anytime I try to generate any laser gcode in inkscape.

"""""Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "raster2laser_gcode.py", line 37, in
    import png
    ImportError: No module named png"""""

The only extension that works for me right now is Laserengraver which only does the continuous path, no raster for either my marlin driven k40 or my 2.5W grbl driven diode running Win7 and newest Inkscape straight from their site. anyone have any ideas?

Dave

Re: Good Morning All! Going nuts here! Getting error in inkscape when.....

I run the repetier extension to produce g_code for my 2.5w with good results

absolutely none of the inkscape gcode generators are working for me nor the marlin extensions and i mean none. gcodesuite, gcodetools,turnkey tyrrany not even jtechs is working something going on with python I think I may have a hidden installation of it on my system and I really don't want to re-image because of it...... Ive tried all the exporters uninstalling reinstalling wiping downloading new and still getting the same error. Can't find anything on python site or the web about this so far......

You have actually downloaded the relevant plug ins for them from inkscape many are not installefd by default and you download as required.

Yes I have downloaded all of them again and inkscape as well put the relevant files in the appropriate folder for the plugin/extension under the share folder..... Can't seam to get python 2.7 off my machine that is what is leading me to suspect python is the main issue.
    Dave

I believe I am on 3.4 or thereabouts latest version and have had no problems reinstalled inkscape recently after disk failed, downloading latest version should solve your problems as it will overwrite 2.7.

sorry for getting back to you so late just did python update to 3.5.1 and still getting same error... thanks for trying......:drowning:

Take a look here https://github.com/drj11/pypng think you may be missing this section as it tends to be used by inkscape to use PNG files.

didnt work but thank you for your efforts, i just re-imaged my system and got everything working that way no biiggie since I keep all my grafix backed up on separate disks thankx again
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dipswit View Post
    Getting frustrated here! Getting this error anytime I try to generate any laser gcode in inkscape.

"""""Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "raster2laser_gcode.py", line 37, in
    import png
    ImportError: No module named png"""""

The only extension that works for me right now is Laserengraver which only does the continuous path, no raster for either my marlin driven k40 or my 2.5W grbl driven diode running Win7 and newest Inkscape straight from their site. anyone have any ideas?

Dave
    Ho lo stesso problema come hai risolto?