584,879 active members*
5,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Brand New K40 40w Laser Engraver/Cutter head moving but not firing

Unhappy Brand New K40 40w Laser Engraver/Cutter head moving but not firing

Hi Guys
    Just received a new 40w laser cutter machine from china, after unpacking all was in good order. Test fired laser and this was working fine, but when I use it through the software the Laser head moves as per pattern produced on the software but the laser itself does not fire, resulting in nothing engraved or cut !

I have checked all the wiring and even tried running the software off another PC but still no go.

Have written to the supplier in China several times, he just keeps saying it could be the software at fault, he even gave me a link to download it again, but I have a deep suspicion it may have something to do with the circuit board or the transformer.

Anyone out there have any ideas, as after 4 days trying everything its driving me round the bend !

Regards
    Keith

Re: Brand New K40 40w Laser Engraver/Cutter head moving but not firing

Hi Keith,
    1. check all cables connected to the controller whether it is loose.
    2. check the laser power supply works or not.
    if controller and power supply is no problem, maybe your laser tube is gone.

Hi Paul
    Many thanks for the good advice.

I have checked the wiring and connectors several times, all appears to be okay.
    Opened the power supply to see if anything was amiss there, all was fine.
    The Power Supply and Laser do work, as the Laser fires when I push the test button.

All I can think is that the main circuit board has a fault in it, I have been in conversation via ebay with the seller in China many times now, he is very understanding and is sending me a replacement Circuit Board, and hopefully the Transformer as well, won't be here for about 30 days.

Hopefully, fingers crossed I will be able to get it up and running when the parts arrive.

Kind Regards
    Keith

good, please let us know if everything is fine later.

what program came with the machine ? look if there is a power setting on the layers selected it should be more then 10%
    if you need more help send me a PM
    greetings waltfl

Quote Originally Posted by keefe View Post
    Hi Paul
    Many thanks for the good advice.

I have checked the wiring and connectors several times, all appears to be okay.
    Opened the power supply to see if anything was amiss there, all was fine.
    The Power Supply and Laser do work, as the Laser fires when I push the test button.

All I can think is that the main circuit board has a fault in it, I have been in conversation via ebay with the seller in China many times now, he is very understanding and is sending me a replacement Circuit Board, and hopefully the Transformer as well, won't be here for about 30 days.

Hopefully, fingers crossed I will be able to get it up and running when the parts arrive.

Kind Regards
    Keith

I sure will.
    Thanks
    Keith

Hi waltfl
    Many thanks for your advice. Coral Draw came with the machine along with WiwsealXP and LaserDRW, I will have a look as you say about the power setting in Layers and get back to you.
    Kind Regards
    Keith

I am having the exact same issue with my brand new laser cutter as well. Please let me know if this works for you. I have already been in contact with the seller of mine and they are not as helpful . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hansca04 View Post
    I am having the exact same issue with my brand new laser cutter as well. Please let me know if this works for you. I have already been in contact with the seller of mine and they are not as helpful . . .
    Did you or the OP figure it out.. i have a brand new chinese k40 laser.. blue and white version.. no water sensor or door switch.. i was able to use the 'test' button on the panel and inside on the power supply and the laser will fire.. i did the alignment using the 'test' button on the panel.. then i installed all the corel and corel laser draw software and the USB key on my laptop.. i made a quick box and tried to send it to the laser cutter.. the laser cutter head moves as if it is working but the laser does not fire. I can hold down 'test' button during this and it will fire.. any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLaser View Post
    Did you or the OP figure it out.. i have a brand new chinese k40 laser.. blue and white version.. no water sensor or door switch.. i was able to use the 'test' button on the panel and inside on the power supply and the laser will fire.. i did the alignment using the 'test' button on the panel.. then i installed all the corel and corel laser draw software and the USB key on my laptop.. i made a quick box and tried to send it to the laser cutter.. the laser cutter head moves as if it is working but the laser does not fire. I can hold down 'test' button during this and it will fire.. any suggestion?
    I am having the same problem expect I can't even get my test button to work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hansca04 View Post
    Was there ever an answer found? I'm desperate

Quote Originally Posted by dixieoutlaw4x4 View Post
    I am having the same problem expect I can't even get my test button to work

- - - Updated - - -

Was there ever an answer found? I'm desperate
    Hi.. i figured mine out.. a friend who recently purchased one sent me photos and another guy sent me the layout for the power supply.. i tested all voltages and then went to test the wires going from the power supply to the main board.. i removed the main board to make it easier to test.. and i found one wire did not have continuity.. found the wire was cut when they crimped the connector.. i had to depin the connector to the main board.. cut off the wire and solder on a new wire.. tested continuity again and it was fine.. hooked back to the power supply and tested voltages again and it was working.. sent a file to the laser and it engraved.. if you need more help.. there is a few excellent k40 facebook groups.. not sure if its allowed so PM me if you want them

Hi Guys
    Just received a new 40w laser cutter machine from china, after unpacking all was in good order. Test fired laser and this was working fine, but when I use it through the software the Laser head moves as per pattern produced on the software but the laser itself does not fire, resulting in nothing engraved or cut !

I have checked all the wiring and even tried running the software off another PC but still no go.

Have written to the supplier in China several times, he just keeps saying it could be the software at fault, he even gave me a link to download it again, but I have a deep suspicion it may have something to do with the circuit board or the transformer.

Anyone out there have any ideas, as after 4 days trying everything its driving me round the bend !

Regards
    Keith
    Did you solve the issue? I have the same problem...

Hi Guys

Regards
    Keith
    Hi friends, I had the same issue from the beginning but after 8 days strugelling and searching I found it!
    The 24v wire coming from power supply to mainboard is the cause. Check and fix it from where it is connected to the pin on mainboard, 100% machie will fire!
    The location of this wire is the first wire from right on power supply,and the problem is the socket that it's losen. Sure this is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeedsadeqin View Post
    Did you solve the issue? I have the same problem...
    Hi All,
    I had the same problem with my brand new K40 and tried replacing the power supply and the controller board.
    After a bit of work I realised the TEST and ENABLE wires were the wrong way around.
    The Brown wires should be on the left and the Pink wires to the right.
    The picture I have attached is the working configuration.
    I hope this fixes your problem.
    Cheers,
    Dean