585,735 active members*
4,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v28: how to change 'mill job' name in tree view and set 'program number' in post out

v28: how to change 'mill job' name in tree view and set 'program number' in post out

hello everyone,

Recently upgraded to BobCAD v28. Two questions:

1) Being able to have multiple 'Mill Job' entries in the tree view is nice, but I'd like to rename them to something meaningful to me but I do not see anyway to do a rename. So how to ???

2) Using the default HaasVF mill post, the first line is always ('12345' is example):

O12345 (PROGRAM NUMBER)

Is there some way to specify the string 'PROGRAM NUMBER' within BobCAD itself so I don't always have to edit the NC file ???

These two questions tie together because I expected to (a) be able to set the 'Mill Job' string in the tree view and then have it show up in the first line of the post output.

Thanks for any info !!!! Phil(f) in WI

Re: v28: how to change 'mill job' name in tree view and set 'program number' in post

Quote Originally Posted by pfuhlman View Post
    hello everyone,

Recently upgraded to BobCAD v28. Two questions:

1) Being able to have multiple 'Mill Job' entries in the tree view is nice, but I'd like to rename them to something meaningful to me but I do not see anyway to do a rename. So how to ???

2) Using the default HaasVF mill post, the first line is always ('12345' is example):

O12345 (PROGRAM NUMBER)

Is there some way to specify the string 'PROGRAM NUMBER' within BobCAD itself so I don't always have to edit the NC file ???

These two questions tie together because I expected to (a) be able to set the 'Mill Job' string in the tree view and then have it show up in the first line of the post output.

Thanks for any info !!!! Phil(f) in WI
    Phil

1) No, you can`t rename the "Milling Job", it doesn`t appear in the code anyway which is why there is no facilty to change it, what does appear in the code is the "Machine Setup" and the name of each Feature, these can all be changed to whatever you want to identify each operation

2) To change/set a program number see attached image, you click on "Milling Job" > "Current Settings" > "Posting" and change the number in the box next to "Program", depending on how your machine controller handles program numbers for example Fanuc uses an O and four numerals like O1234, this can be altered in your PP easily if need be

Attachment 304048

Hope that helps a little

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Re: v28: how to change 'mill job' name in tree view and set 'program number' in post

I too would like to see the ability to change the milling job name. I have some jobs that require 3 ops. I run the first two ops under the first milling job. But the third op, I have a modified post with stops between several of the features to allow the operator to move the clamps around. I also load save out the stl from the simulation of the first milling job, and load that as my stock for the second milling job.

I also use it on parts where I run the first op with a 3 axis setup, and the rest of the ops are done in 4 axis.
    Work: Hurco VMX42/VMX50 - Shopsabre 4896 - Bobcad V4 4axis pro
    Home: RF45 with Ajax CNC Controller - Bobcad V27 3 axis pro

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC8 View Post
    I too would like to see the ability to change the milling job name. I have some jobs that require 3 ops. I run the first two ops under the first milling job. But the third op, I have a modified post with stops between several of the features to allow the operator to move the clamps around. I also load save out the stl from the simulation of the first milling job, and load that as my stock for the second milling job.

I also use it on parts where I run the first op with a 3 axis setup, and the rest of the ops are done in 4 axis.
    Might be useful if the "Milling Job" was posted but currently the Milling Job is not output by the PP so really there is no point in being able to change it, I have modified my PP(s) so the "Machine Setup-1" is no longer generated into the code, only the new name I have created for that Setup, works fine for me that way, it is only possible to post code for a single !Milling Job" at a time anyway so I may be lucky, I haven`t got confused yet

Maybe those that have an interest in this could put it up to the BobCAD Development Team for inclusion at a later Build or Version (V29 ?)

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro: