Hey there guys,

So I am fairly new to the CNC world as was just looking out for some help. I have been reading up a lot on Breakout boards/Motion Controllers, I just want to make sure that what I so far have read isnt going to back fire on me after I buy stuff, as well I really like the USB connection(Saves me from having to build a computer from old parts just for a parallel port).

So from what I understand is most breakout boards that have a DB25 connector as well as a USB are still ment for parallel use and the USB is for additional power. To actually have a USB controlled System from Mach3 you need a Motion controller. I have read this is the most popular--> CNC USB Smoothstepper for Mach3 Smooth Stepper Motion Control | eBay

I'm I on the right track here?

If so, what do you guys think about this Sainsmart? --> SainSmart 4 Axis Mach3 USB CNC Motion Controller Card Interface Breakout Board 3D Printing, Arduino, Robotics | Sainsmart

Their is only one review on there website and not a lot of info on the web of others using this board. From how it reads I think I'll be okay, I'm really into Arduino boards and have a ton of Sainsmart products and all have well met my expectations, so I'm quite confident it will work but I wanted some of your guys's input. Some people love Motion controllers and say they work much better and others hate them.

Thanks in advance any advice helps!