585,690 active members*
4,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Taig 4th axis setup

Hi to all,

I need some help with that. I try to setup my Taig for Mach3 but I failed. So any help... Here is my mill and board speccs:

- Taig 2019CR-ER Cnc with greatest travel (12'')
    - Xylotex 4 axis control;
    - Lead screw - 20 tpi X ½ inch - Beefy;
    - Three 280oz stepper motors;
    - Sherline’s 4";

I don't have any switch limits installed yet. I want to run my machine. So, a .xml file for european configuration (in mm) will be apreciated.

THX

Try going to www.artofcnc.ca and under tutorials, view the Setup video, pretty good starting point.

Check the FTP server that we have and there could be an XML for you there... or it could be a good start...

I have a Taig with exactly the same setup - hardware and software - even configured in metric already. I would be happy to forward the .xml file or post it here if someone could tell me how (only been here this week)

I have the A axis steps/mm setup a bit wierd right now, but it is easy enough to fix for you depending if you want the DRO to read actual degrees or not.
    A lot of this depends on your software. If it only uses an emulated A axis you may have to set it up to a very strange number to counteract the adjustments put in by the post-processor. What software are you using to generate code?

Hi

I very simply. Use a PM facility or attach facility. About software: dxf to gcode - Deskproto or Mach3. Mach3 to move the machine. Please send me the .xml file at :
    [email protected] or [email protected].

Thank you