585,667 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Edit/Modify MC Post, Then Verify???

Edit/Modify MC Post, Then Verify???

..... I'm trying to figure out how to ask this.....

At school we have MC9 and a Haas Mini Mill.
    I draw a part in MC9, verify it, and then post the program to a disc and take it to the Mini Mill, etc.

Sometimes I want to add a line or two (or a bunch) of G-code while the program is on the MC9 screen and before I post it to a disc.

Is there a way I can make these changes and then run the Verify feature on MC to show these additions?

Did I say that right?

Thanks,

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to "hand code" a few lines and then verify them. By that, I mean add in something like:
    G0 X1. Y0.
    Z-.5
    G1 X.5 F20.
    G0 Z.1
    etc
    etc
    in the editor
    If so, then no, it won't work. It needs to be done through MasterCam toolpaths. It is possible to backplot the NC code by using something like Discriminator. It's available as a free download.
    Hope that answered your question
    Insanity "doing the same thing and expecting a different result"
    Mark

www.mcoates.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dugg View Post
    Did I say that right?
    Just to clarify...
    When you speak of editing the post, most users would assume you want to modify the post processor which is what Mastercam uses to create .nc code for your specific machine.

At the point where you mention "post it to a disk" it has already posted and you would actually be saving it to the disk.

The ideal way to work is to never have to manually code anything. I am not sure what you're trying to add but there are ways to tweak things and eliminate editing altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by mark c View Post
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to "hand code" a few lines and then verify them. By that, I mean add in something like:
    G0 X1. Y0.
    Z-.5
    G1 X.5 F20.
    G0 Z.1
    etc
    etc
    in the editor
    If so, then no, it won't work. It needs to be done through MasterCam toolpaths. It is possible to backplot the NC code by using something like Discriminator. It's available as a free download.
    Hope that answered your question
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Berube View Post
    Just to clarify...
    When you speak of editing the post, most users would assume you want to modify the post processor which is what Mastercam uses to create .nc code for your specific machine.

At the point where you mention "post it to a disk" it has already posted and you would actually be saving it to the disk.

The ideal way to work is to never have to manually code anything. I am not sure what you're trying to add but there are ways to tweak things and eliminate editing altogether.

What they said. MC verify can only Simulate the Pathes in which it creates. The Post Processor can be modified to your specs and adjusted in the Machining Parameter Settings you Choose.

What is it that you want to do?

(BTW: I still don't have a clue on how to totally modify a post processor, but playing with some ideas )
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

if u get cimco edit ... with the backplot option ...
    it will show u a simple tool trace path ....

use it after u post the program ... and u can make the changes .. and see them right there ....

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus8931 View Post
    if u get cimco edit ... with the backplot option ...
    it will show u a simple tool trace path ....

use it after u post the program ... and u can make the changes .. and see them right there ....
    NC Plot is Free Version 1.1 that is an excellent back plotter:rainfro:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    NC Plot is Free Version 1.1 that is an excellent back plotter:rainfro:

cool ... where can i get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus8931 View Post
    cool ... where can i get it ?
    www.ncplot.com I recommend this to verify all G-Code programs even if written by a CAD/CAM Software or to see a Program.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    www.ncplot.com I recommend this to verify all G-Code programs even if written by a CAD/CAM Software or to see a Program.
    thanks