584,802 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Leadshine > Is it possible to disable 'Position following error protection' on a ES-D1008 drive?

Is it possible to disable 'Position following error protection' on a ES-D1008 drive?

I am building a servo driven force feedback steering wheel, and need my servo to rotate freely until a control signal is sent to the servo drive.

A description of a similar project can be found here: OpenSimwheel – Ascher Racing

Using a Leadshine ES-D1008 servo drive I have almost accomplished this, but the 'Position following error protection' is triggered after a short time.
    I guess this is because the rotation of the servo registered by the encoder doesn't match the control signal.

I have tried increasing the value 'Position error limit' in the 'Parameters' section of the Protuner software, but this didn't solve the problem.
    Is it possible to disable 'Position following error protection' on the ES-D1008 servo drive?
    If it cannot be disabled, are there then other solutions, perhaps hardware that can be added to solve the problem?

Software and manuals can be downloaded here:
    ES-D Series Easy Servo Drives / Closed Loop Stepper Drives | Leadshine

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated

Re: Is it possible to disable 'Position following error protection' on a ES-D1008 dri

Quote Originally Posted by sikjar View Post
    I am building a servo driven force feedback steering wheel, and need my servo to rotate freely until a control signal is sent to the servo drive.

A description of a similar project can be found here: OpenSimwheel – Ascher Racing

Using a Leadshine ES-D1008 servo drive I have almost accomplished this, but the 'Position following error protection' is triggered after a short time.
    I guess this is because the rotation of the servo registered by the encoder doesn't match the control signal.

I have tried increasing the value 'Position error limit' in the 'Parameters' section of the Protuner software, but this didn't solve the problem.
    Is it possible to disable 'Position following error protection' on the ES-D1008 servo drive?
    If it cannot be disabled, are there then other solutions, perhaps hardware that can be added to solve the problem?

Software and manuals can be downloaded here:
    ES-D Series Easy Servo Drives / Closed Loop Stepper Drives | Leadshine

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated
    Hi, have you solved this issue? I have an ACS806 and 57BL180D servo from Leadshine that suffer from the same problem...
    Thanks, Matteo.

Re: Is it possible to disable 'Position following error protection' on a ES-D1008 dri

Quote Originally Posted by Moriduri View Post
    Hi, have you solved this issue? I have an ACS806 and 57BL180D servo from Leadshine that suffer from the same problem...
    Thanks, Matteo.
    Not sure if you are still working on this but for others who search and bring this up, I have set the position lead error very high on my drives with my cnc so that they must miss 20 rotations to fault. it works.