585,996 active members*
4,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > X3: Way oiling? One shot?

X3: Way oiling? One shot?

I'd like to upgrade to an X3 or larger/better machine than I have now (an X2 sized system).

With no oil ports and no one shot oiler, my current machine is a PAIN to oil, I end up with tons of tramp oil, and I don't think the oil really gets in there too well.

I saw a mention of Lou coming up with an way oil delivery system for the X3, but dammed if I can find the post.

So, has anyone set up an oiler for the machine?

Thanks!

-Jeff

I think the Z axis on my SuperX3 has two oiling ports. As for the spindle and the other axis'; I do not believe there are any provisions.

You do have the oiler buttons on all axis.

I have played around with a single point oiler. It is easy and can be done after purchase on all Super X3 Syil machines. Right now, that project is waiting behind a couple of others. Just need to source a pump and manifold.

The operation consists of taking apart the machine, drilling and tapping a few holes in the ways. Then drilling, tapping, and mounting a small manifold and pump to the right side of the base.

It will get done, just need some time to play around with the prototype to insure proportional lubrication on all the axis. In order for the system to work well, you need to apply differant volumes of lubrication to each axis. You don't want to over lube the one and starve the other. I know other systems pump some fluid on its ways and call it good, with no attention to details. I, on the other hand, want a system that works well.
    Direction, Commitment, Follow Through

Glad to hear you are working on a lubrication system! I think it would be a great addition to the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by SyilAmerica View Post
    You do have the oiler buttons on all axis.
    But what oiler buttons are you referring to?

Do you mean for the thrust bearings or ways?

I can't see any in any of the pictures of the X3 or Super X3 I've ever seen. Can you post a picture?

Thanks!

-Jeff

Sorry, the buttons are on the Z axis only. On the head near the ways. They are the cute little brass fittings in the recess.
    Direction, Commitment, Follow Through