585,969 active members*
4,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Acramatic 2100 control parts

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone might be able to help me. I'm in the process of upgrading a '97 Cinci Sabre to 5-axis. Siemens miss-quoted me on the option parameter (by almost $12000.00 !!) so now I'm trying to save $$$ where ever I can. Does anyone have a source for control cards other than Cinci or Siemens? I need an additional I/O card and I need to replace my DV5 axis card with a DV7 axis card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
    Just returned from a training class on a replacement control for Cincinnati machines. There have been a lot of control changes it this machine line. Now with the suposed buyout and merger of Cincinnati and G&L. there appears to be another round of control changes.

To answer your question, you might take a look at a software control called Machinemate. it's one that G&L was planning on using to replace the G&L8000 until all this buyout / merger party started. Cincinnati is quietly retrofitting a lot of there older iron with this control. It's substaniually cheaper than wost other retrofits in that it uses existing drives and I/O.

Cincinnati's maintenance technologies droup had a guy in the class with me, His name is Jerry Fannin 859-534-4820 [email protected]. hope this will help you out.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, but I think I'll probably stick with the Acramatic 2100. I've got a turning center with the same control on it anyway. I'm not sure how much cost savings there would be in the end - certainly seems like a lot more work as I'm assuming a PLC program would have to be written from scratch for the machine, control cabinet re-wiring, etc. Looks like I'll be purchasing new I/O and DV7 axis cards from Siemens. Anyone interested in a perfectly fine DV5 axis card?

Quote Originally Posted by VSMIGuy View Post
    Anyone interested in a perfectly fine DV5 axis card?

I may be. Could you post, PM or e-mail me what you are asking for it? I may have a bad port on mine...

Thanks,
    Scott