584,854 active members*
4,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Has anyone seen this benchtop mill before ?

Has anyone seen this benchtop mill before ?

Hi guys
    I have had this mill for a few years and cnc it about a year ago. It is a little unique in that the head is of a radial design and has about 6 to 7"s or so of travel. It is a pretty decent machine. I have done some engraving and have made parts on it too. It is in the color of the habor freight color scheme. I can't find any info on the machine. Has anyone ever seen one of these or know the model or actual manufacture?
    Thanks for any info or input in advance.
    Jeff
    Here is another view. This machine came from a dealer, but the sticker fell off the machine long ago and was misplaced and I can't remeber the model or any of the info about it know. It is mt3, 5"y 12"x 4"z travel.
    Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0667.JPG   IMG_0664.JPG  

looks very seig ish to me. is it not just a radial arm drill ?
    mike

It looks very siegish to me too. The table and base are from the X2. The head, I really can't quite tell. I recognize the levers, the ones you use to switch gears or lock the quill. Perhaps it was a very early sieg model? Or maybe a mutation of a prototype?

it's just a radial arm drill with a conversion on the head and a what looks like sieg bolted to the base , isn't it????

They sold those at a Harbor Freight store by my house, I think they said Atlas on them.

I recognize this as an Atlas also. I cant remember the model though.

Looks like an attempt to resurect the layout machine of the 50's & 60's. The method was to lock the arm's swinging arc in an exact spot but allow vertical travel (Z). The drill head moved along the arm (Y). A table moved under the arm perpendicular to the drill head travel producing (X) travel. I think it was a Volstro??? product. [see, I am older than Adobe !!]
    DZASTR