584,862 active members*
5,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > What is the best chinese machine for the money??
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: What is the best chinese machine for the money??

Quote Originally Posted by mt92 View Post
    If I am going to be in the 3k range I would rather have a machine like the Jcut 6090 in your link. I could not find a price for that machine. Does it have true linear guides like the X6-2200? I also found this machine that appeares to have good linear guides. Thanks for the input!! Does your 6090 outperform the X6-2200?

Thanks

KL 6090 Desktop CNC Router Desktop 24 x 36 x 6 inch Mach3 USB Connection | eBay
    Allowing for the shocking state of the dollar I paid around $2500-$2700AUD 3-4 years back from memory, as this was my first import I got hit hard, and the import costs ended up around or just under $2000 from memory. But all up it was still about 25% of the cost of buying locally, which was the exact same machine drop shipped by the local vendor to me.

The performance is amazing, and the extra weight really helps heaps. On the tabletop version you'd get far more vibration and noise than I would as the gantry on mine alone would be probably as much weight as the entire tabletop machine. Mine has either 20 or 25mm Taiwanese linear rails on all axis, NEMA23's on Z and X, and NEMA34 on the Y with a 25mm drivescrew. Very good quality spindle and VFD, etc.

They really didn't spare any parts or effort with my machine, I'm still absolutely stoked with it, and even though it cost almost as much just to bring it here as it did to buy, I think it's just about the best money I've ever spent. Even if you end up well exceeding what you thought you would, your kind of in for a penny in for a pound already, so to my mind unless there's a massive price difference, I'd go the better machine if it's at all possible given the cost of the tabletop version.

You see a lot of comments here about buying the cheaper machine and then upgrading to the better if/when/as you need to, well the reality is if you buy the cheaper machine, which is still several thousands of dollars, you'll be stuck making that investment worthwhile for many, many years before you actually get around to fork out another, higher load of cash replacing it.

Obviously personal finances and budget constrains affect us all, but buy once, buy well, is a good motto to keep in mind with significant investments I reckon, even if it means saving a bit or a lot longer.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Nice. And if I'd seen a review of that without tears and it sunk in, I may have gone down a similar road. To be honest, though, paying $2k for shipping would have turned me off.

Note that my expectations regarding upgrades was along the lines of "This will give me something NOW to get started on immediately, learn how to drive the machines, get my head around the CAM and tooling and fixtures etc. At some point down the road I'll be look at upgrading to a small Haas or Optimum VMC, or maybe a GF020 project etc".

I had/have zero interest in buying a cheap piece of **** and then pouring months and the same cost again in parts into it to upgrade it to the point where it almost didn't suck.

So I tried to give myself a bit of a head start in the quality stakes so I had something that would actually be useful for lightweight prototyping, rather than just a learning toy. So far so good.

My take on these OmioCNC machines is they're a little more expensive but have a pretty good reputation as being a cut above the usual 3020 rubbish, wrapped up in an easy-to-purchase sales process that lands the thing on my door without needing a second mortgage. They made a decent product easy to buy at a (comparative to local drop) decent price without any stress. And that's worth a lot to me.

I bought my first 6040 after buying the little Sable-2015 that I still use for PCB work, and I used it only just long enough to really appreciate the advantages of a bigger and more capable machine!

I frikkin love my 6090, I'd have it in the lounge room on display if I could! The wife possibly may not be too keen on that though. I get untold hours of pleasure when machining big 2.5D jobs just sitting feet up with a cuppa watching it work occasionally. It's very therapeutic! Hmmm...CNC is actually GOOD for the health and well being!

I got caught out on the import costs due to my complete lack of experience, and the intense pressure and stress I was under at the time thinking "delivery to your door" actually meant delivery to your door. And at the time I was hearing all sorts of horror stories of items held up in customs accruing hundreds of dollars in fees per day. So I was under a lot of pressure to just get it sorted real quick, that cost. I've heard of other Aussies having it down to around $1200 or so all up inc GST.

Having said that, I don't regret buying it one bit, ever!

The 6040 was a very good and capable machine once I threw a G540 on it, and it really got me hooked extremely quick for bigger, better, but ultimately it was a couple of grand wasted for me really. One day I'll get around to selling it.

The ones from Omio from all accounts really do look to be the bee's knee's so far as 6040's go however, but when I bought mine there was a huge cost difference, and not a lot of the info about the garbage TB6560 boards around like there is of late.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Go look at EFAMATIC. It is a South African manufactured machine and they are good and competitive. They can also build what you need.
    We use them in the Aluminium wheel industry and installed them in plants world wide.

Very simple machine with good reliability and spares are easily available world wide.

Efamatic Machine Tools - Home

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    The ones from Omio from all accounts really do look to be the bee's knee's so far as 6040's go however, but when I bought mine there was a huge cost difference, and not a lot of the info about the garbage TB6560 boards around like there is of late.

cheers, Ian
    You haven't looked at the Omio lately, have you?

Have a look at this and tell me where it says TB6560...

I agree that drivers based on the TB6560, or any one similar, should be replaced, which is done in that Omio I mentioned. Perhaps their cheapest has still the same garbage, but not this one, the x4-800L has the YOC556 driver, which is not that Toshiba crap.

Hi,

I worked on a Chinese machine for a few months and now I'll buy one for myself. Looking for 1300 X 2500 mm worktable with water cooling for stone engraving. I got some offers from Shenhui, Keliang and Philicam. I previously bought a laser engraver from Shenhui and I'm happy with the purchase I made. Do they also make reliable CNC routers?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    You haven't looked at the Omio lately, have you?

Have a look at this and tell me where it says TB6560...

I agree that drivers based on the TB6560, or any one similar, should be replaced, which is done in that Omio I mentioned. Perhaps their cheapest has still the same garbage, but not this one, the x4-800L has the YOC556 driver, which is not that Toshiba crap.
    I did look at Omio's, back when they were Carving CNC, but seeing as all the blue box controllers are a generic copy of Omio's (or of the same basic original design of both), I didn't know the impact of the implementation of the chipset in the Ebay versions compared to the Omio ones.

At the time the garbage blue box controllers supplied with virtually all the 6040's used bogus YOOCNC branded drivers that suffered from the myriad of extremely poor design issues that rendered them absolutely useless in most instances, and sort of, kind of, barely operable in some, until the driver IC's blew that is.

But from what I'm led to believe, the YOOCNC drivers in the Omio's are a genuine card, well designed, and from all reports work fine straight out of the box, something none of the ebay 6040's ever did. So even if the Omio's had TB6560's in some of their controllers, the drivers appeared to have implemented the design properly, as I don't recall hearing any adverse posts out of the ordinary with them.

cheers, Ian

Page 2 of 2 12