Hi everybody,

I'd like to upgrade my computer in order to use a program such as mach3, but still use my 37 pin connector and artisan stepper controller. It's a bridgeport milling machine, recently purchased, and the steppers are working perfect as far as I can tell, but the computer runs an old dos cnc program and uses a floppy disk to upload files. I've been able to run some files that are on the hard drive but haven't been able to load any from a floppy. I've used mach3 on my router table and I like its user friendly interface much more, and would really like to have the same program across multiple machines. Is it possible (and easy) to take a newer computer tower, install a 37 pin board in it such as one of these (MicroSystems World CNC - PC Based CNC Controller - WinCNC CNC Software - CNC Controller Software - WinCNC - CNC Motion Control - "Pricing") and mach3 and be up and running fairly quickly or am I missing something? I've seen many websites that offer retrofits for $5-10k but I'm happy with my motor controller and steppers for now so I don't think I need a complete retrofit. It also is already cnc capable and most of those kits seem to be for converting a manual to cnc.