585,908 active members*
3,894 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Omni CNC > Omni 1325 Machine Banging against positive Y

Thumbs up Omni 1325 Machine Banging against positive Y

We can't figure out why the machine bangs against the stop when we press positive or negative Y on the controller. If we send it home it bangs against the stop in the Y direction.

Re: Omni 1325 Machine Banging against positive Y

The most obvious thing to look at is that the Y limit switch is in the correct position. If I recall looking at another omni machine (as mine is on the boat), they use proximity limit switches. On my chinese laser cutting I have one that could twist a little and when it did, that axis would hit the hard stop. With a CNC (especially if with a linear tool changer, you want to make sure your limits are solid and don't move.

So I would check that first.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Quote Originally Posted by digcraftlab View Post
    We can't figure out why the machine bangs against the stop when we press positive or negative Y on the controller. If we send it home it bangs against the stop in the Y direction.
    Are you performing a home function immediately after you power up the machine? On mine all the stops crash until I do.

Re: Omni 1325 Machine Banging against positive Y

Quote Originally Posted by digcraftlab View Post
    I had it happen to me as well.... the problem was the screw/bolts under the table .... from where I was attaching the table legs. I had 2 washers and they were making the bolts sticking out, not letting the machine gantry reach it home sensor.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers