584,829 active members*
5,175 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Invalid collision pair, tool , stock

Invalid collision pair, tool , stock

keep getting this dang error when I try to simulate my part. It's not letting me go to simulation mode. This is version 25

Re: Invalid collision pair, tool , stock

I run V25 and have never seen this.
    It's really a good idea to provide as much information about your job as possible, even zip & post the BCC file if that's an option, otherwise you're asking anyone reading you question to make so many guesses they may be inclined to pass rather than enter into a Q&A session to find out what your job looks like. ;-)

- Nick

I assume I had some settings that were incorrect. I reinstalled Bobcad on my other laptop and everything is working fine.
    I was told my tool collision was setup incorrectly which makes sense as to the error i'm getting. Went ahead and changed that as well but still was getting the same error. Couldn't quite figure what was the cause of it was and wasn't in the mood to figure it out. Would you happen to know where a reset to default settings button would be?

Thanks!

Finally had a little time to look into this and found the problem as to why I was getiing the error. I had enabled the following setting in my Simulation Properties.
    See attached photo. I don't understand as to why this must be unchecked in order for the simulation to load properly. Oh well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bobcadcam Error.JPG  

I don't see the image with the seeting you are referring to, but if is the simulation settings of collision checking, then it has to do with the machine definition and how you have setup the part. Its telling you the machine is crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I don't see the image with the seeting you are referring to, but if is the simulation settings of collision checking, then it has to do with the machine definition and how you have setup the part. Its telling you the machine is crashing.
    +1

The part, Post Processor, and MD (Machine Definition) all seem to be tied together which is pretty cool in my opinion. When an error pops up in simulation saying I'm going to have a collision or axis overflow it's usually right and I go looking for it and sometimes I can't even post until I find the problem (I simulate checking all limits and collisions using "real world" Work Coordinates). But yeah, it does mean that if you have setup your part or machine incorrectly you may get strange errors.

I have seen MDs get corrupted but usually only when I'm fooling around with them. That will cause the error you are seeing. You can always look to the BobCAD Machine Definitions BC_3x_Mill, BC_4x_Mill, and the like for an example for how to setup collision detecting at its bare minimum. Unfortunately there is no "reset to default" or "undo" when you make MD changes. Instead, I backup the entire Machsim folder from time to time and I always copy the folder containing my working MD before I make changes. You can "undo" anything you want by just copying the folder back over the one you screwed up.

All else fails and if you just don't use it or are confident in your programming you could delete the cc (Collision Check) in your MD and it will go away. This might help you troubleshoot the problem even but I would recommend keeping it in there. I'm thinking you may even have a tool or tool holder/arbor improperly defined. There are just too many variables to check.

Anyway, hope this helps in some small way. I've been working on an extremely detailed MD/Simulation model for our new machine and along the way learning a whole lot about how everything is tied together. BobCAD allows us to do a lot of things with Moduleworks Simulation that other CAM companies haven't "hooked up" yet. Some pretty amazing features that some $20k + software still doesn't have. My simulations are damn near as trustworthy as Predator backplot (at least with Collision Checking). Pretty important when one crash might cost more than the software to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I don't know why this website does that. I will reload the picture.