585,737 active members*
4,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > FADAL VMC15 Powering up to AXIS CONTROLLER DOES NOT RESPOND and cant get past it

FADAL VMC15 Powering up to AXIS CONTROLLER DOES NOT RESPOND and cant get past it

Hey guys, hoping I can get some help. I have a 97 Fadal VMC 15. I had a #17 error on the Y axis the other day so I checked the voltage coming off the resolver and it was low so I pulled the resolver and installed a new one. After installing it I still got low voltage so I double checked the connector and noticed the molex connector had a broken connection. So I fixed that but now when I power up I immediately get this AXIS CONTROLLER DOES NOT RESPOND message that just scrolls and scrolls. There's no way for me to get past it. There's also no thump in the back when I hit the green button.I've pulled and unplugged all the axis cards and swapped the x and Y but I'm getting the same thing. Voltage coming from all the resolvers are reading right now. I installed a new axis card on the Y and it didn't help. I've swapped them all around and it doesn't help. I have no blinking lights on the amps. Anyone know whats up?

Is the relay not kicking on because of the error or could the error be because the relay isn't coming on? Any help would be great. Thanks guys

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160130_143726.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	306370

Re: FADAL VMC15 Powering up to AXIS CONTROLLER DOES NOT RESPOND and cant get past it

It almost seems like a power supply problem... hows the 5 and 12 volts?

Re: FADAL VMC15 Powering up to AXIS CONTROLLER DOES NOT RESPOND and cant get past it

I agree with Rodney
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Quote Originally Posted by machinedmachines View Post
    Hey guys, hoping I can get some help. I have a 97 Fadal VMC 15. I had a #17 error on the Y axis the other day so I checked the voltage coming off the resolver and it was low so I pulled the resolver and installed a new one. After installing it I still got low voltage so I double checked the connector and noticed the molex connector had a broken connection. So I fixed that but now when I power up I immediately get this AXIS CONTROLLER DOES NOT RESPOND message that just scrolls and scrolls. There's no way for me to get past it. There's also no thump in the back when I hit the green button.I've pulled and unplugged all the axis cards and swapped the x and Y but I'm getting the same thing. Voltage coming from all the resolvers are reading right now. I installed a new axis card on the Y and it didn't help. I've swapped them all around and it doesn't help. I have no blinking lights on the amps. Anyone know whats up?

Is the relay not kicking on because of the error or could the error be because the relay isn't coming on? Any help would be great. Thanks guys

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160130_143726.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	306370
    Please take picture of your card cage.... If your PS voltages are okay, then I would be looking at your high speed buss board from the cpu to comms board or if comms board is in right slot. Are there no leds blinking on any of the boards? Without more info it is like shooting in the dark... Basically that error is the cpu is not talking to the axis controller. Also is your resolver test board installed?