585,605 active members*
3,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Help Using Plasmacam files in Aspire to run on a router table

Help Using Plasmacam files in Aspire to run on a router table

I have exported the files as a dxf from Plasmacam then imported into Aspire but there are tons of open vectors . I tried joining the vectors and changing the tolerance but can't seem to get them all. Is there a better way to approach this?
    Thanks
    Guy

Re: Help Using Plasmacam files in Aspire to run on a router table

Maybe in aspire do, edit, select all open vectors. See what the issues are, maybe you can delete and redraw the offenders.

Try linking the line segments before you export it out of plasmacam's software by using the the "link Segments" function found with the program

If you are using DesignEDGE there is button on the top tool bar. One of the great things about designedge is that you have the ability to export it as post processor in g-code that you can bring directly into the control software on most router tables.

If you are running the out dated 3.11 software, as far as I can remember, you'll be able to link the line segments and export as solid paths in a DXF format.

Good Luck Brother!

JAG

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaMac View Post
    Try linking the line segments before you export it out of plasmacam's software by using the the "link Segments" function found with the program

If you are using DesignEDGE there is button on the top tool bar. One of the great things about designedge is that you have the ability to export it as post processor in g-code that you can bring directly into the control software on most router tables.

If you are running the out dated 3.11 software, as far as I can remember, you'll be able to link the line segments and export as solid paths in a DXF format.

Good Luck Brother!

JAG
    Hey thanks to both of you guys. I am using an old Plasmacam table so i'm sure the software is out of date. I'll look for link segments and try a different export. FYI i have tried to find and join open segments in Aspire but it doesn't seem to pick up more than half of them. I changed to tolerance several times as well.
    Thanks for the time !
    Guy

Double check to make sure that there aren't any vectors stacked on top of each other. Some software packages do not export cleanly and unfortunately some users will inadvertently stack line entities one on top of the other during the design process.

Can you post one of the DXF files?

Mike