585,949 active members*
4,088 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Price check - MaxNC 10 with or without controller, motors, etc.

Question Price check - MaxNC 10 with or without controller, motors, etc.

Hi Zone

I have a MAXNC 10 OL, that I am thinking of selling and I'm not sure where to start on pricing.

It is the smaller 8" X travel Open loop model. The original control box went poof one day, so I refit it with a 36v Gecko 540 system and 270oz/in Nema 23 motors, which I realize is a lot of overkill for the MAXNC sized machine.

I also have a G0704 that I'm converting via the Hoss methods, so I want to keep the Gecko box, but I don't need the motors as they are a little too small for duty on the G0704.

So I'm thinking of a couple of paths:
    1. Buy a Control board and power supply from Ebay, with or without smaller nema23 motors, and put it together so that I can sell it as a functional machine ready to go. Then sell the 275 oz motors separately
    something like this:
    3 Axis 3A Stepper Controller Cnc Kit Nema23 24V Psu For Milling Machine | eBay

2. Leave the 275oz motors on the machine and sell it without a controller.

3. Remove the 275oz motors and sell the machine without motors or controller

Since there are not a lot of MAXNC sales on ebay I'm not exactly sure where to start with pricing and which option would be the best way to go to get the most out of it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Price check - MaxNC 10 with or without controller, motors, etc.

It's not worth much as it is. Putting that kit with the infamous TB6560 drives on it would drive the value down, not up. I'd say take off anything you still want and start the bidding at $100, no reserve. With luck, you might get a couple of people competing for it and bidding it up.
    Andrew Werby
    Website