585,754 active members*
3,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Haas 4th axis rotary, have 4 axis simultaneous post, need help

Haas 4th axis rotary, have 4 axis simultaneous post, need help

Had a guy do the post for me We have made this part on 4 axis Haas VF4 with HRT310 rotary using Masterspam(boo) we did it by laying part at 45 degrees and machining it XYZ then indexing 180 from there and cutting other side XYZ. So we figured it would be better to have the A axis moving and cutting with XYZ also! Never really made it work in Masterspam and that employee is no longer with us. So we are better with Gibbs and had a post made, we used the 5 axis machining button and in the description we told it it was 4 axis rotary. So now this guy is acting like we needed a 5 axis post even though we are on 4 axis! So he's some Chinese guy on the west coast and he's acting like he didnt do anything wrong, whe I clearly stated to him we wanted to do 4 axis simultaneous 3 d cutting! Made certain that he understands the Haas rotary limits at like 22,000 degrees and needs reset on the fly.

Anyone have any incite or suggestion. Already paid good money now he wants almost twice that again for 5 axis post......got a really bad taste in my mouth now..........................

Re: Haas 4th axis rotary, have 4 axis simultaneous post, need help

If you want 4 axis simultaneous where the tool won't be constrained to being on center of the rotary axis then you only can use the Radial Milling option along with a post that supports it
    or the 5 axis option with a 5 axis post. Even though your limiting your process to 4 axis you'll still need a 5 axis post.

Re: Haas 4th axis rotary, have 4 axis simultaneous post, need help

PM me with e-mail ans .vnc file I have what you need