585,690 active members*
4,530 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Probe trigger light on

I reported this issue as a path pilot problem to Tormach but it may be another issue.

Using the largest path pilot now. In the pp probe screen the probe trigger light is always on, disconnecting the probe does not turn it off, nor does disconnecting the db 25 from the back of the computer. Power cycling the pcnc and the controller does not fix it either. Passive probe, worked just fine till today.

How can I reset this input so I can use the probe and toolsetter again?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Probe trigger light on

Quote Originally Posted by ez3022 View Post
    I reported this issue as a path pilot problem to Tormach but it may be another issue.

Using the largest path pilot now. In the pp probe screen the probe trigger light is always on, disconnecting the probe does not turn it off, nor does disconnecting the db 25 from the back of the computer. Power cycling the pcnc and the controller does not fix it either. Passive probe, worked just fine till today.

How can I reset this input so I can use the probe and toolsetter again?

Thanks,

Mark
    In Mach, there was a setting to select which probe you were using, because one is NC and one is NO. I suspect PP is defaulting to the opposite one you have, and you just have to find that setting in PP

I played with that setting. Even with mill disconnected from the controller the light stays on. Probe has been working fine for years. Why things suddenly changed I don't know.

I played with that setting. Even with mill disconnected from the controller the light stays on. Probe has been working fine for years. Why things suddenly changed I don't know.
    Only other possibility I can think of is that one of the wires or connectors has come loose. I would get on the phone with Tormach support, they will be able to help you.

The probe green indicator light is on in the probe page, to turn it off, go to settings and select digitizing probe instead of passive probe the light will be off on the probing page.
    mike sr

So... it appears the problem is resolved but I don't know why or how.

With the controller and the pcnc disconnected the Accessory input indicator light was on but the Accessory Input light was off in the status screen. This was true when the controller and the pcnc were connected also. The two screens disagreed on the status of the Accessory Input. While waiting for Tormach to call me back I flipped the probe logic from passive to active in the settings screen and rebooted. I had tried this last night with no change but since I had time to kill I figured why not. I reconnected the pcnc and the controller. After the machine rebooted I plugged in the probe. The Accessory Input light on the probe screen lit up. Triggering the probe now caused the Accessory Input light to go off. Reverse logic. I changed the probe logic back to passive, rebooted, and tested again. Now the probe input is working as expected. I can't argue with success but I would sure like to understand what happened to cause this issue to suddenly appear.

Mark

So... it appears the problem is resolved but I don't know why or how.

With the controller and the pcnc disconnected the Accessory input indicator light was on but the Accessory Input light was off in the status screen. This was true when the controller and the pcnc were connected also. The two screens disagreed on the status of the Accessory Input. While waiting for Tormach to call me back I flipped the probe logic from passive to active in the settings screen and rebooted. I had tried this last night with no change but since I had time to kill I figured why not. I reconnected the pcnc and the controller. After the machine rebooted I plugged in the probe. The Accessory Input light on the probe screen lit up. Triggering the probe now caused the Accessory Input light to go off. Reverse logic. I changed the probe logic back to passive, rebooted, and tested again. Now the probe input is working as expected. I can't argue with success but I would sure like to understand what happened to cause this issue to suddenly appear.

Mark
    I suddenly started getting the same problem. rebooting has not fixed my issue though.
    Don't Panic!

Tormach support solved the problem. It is my probe that has failed. I'm not certain of the details but Path Pilot looks at the last input from the accessory plug to determine the light status. I may not be describing that exactly right but the test is start a probing routine and see if the probe works when you manually trigger it. Mine did not but I had another probe I use as a tool setter which does work. now the light is out as the last accessory input was correct.
    Don't Panic!