584,817 active members*
5,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need tsugami set up help

Im starting a new job and will be setting up tsugamis. b012,be12,b0206, etc...can anyone give me any help that could help me going in..anything I can take down in my notebook....basic set up steps...how to touch off tools...any help would be super appreciated....help tips suggestions....

Re: need tsugami set up help

I currently set up and operate a Tsugami BW12 which is a 3 path machine. I took the Mastertask training online and it helped to understand the process of swiss machining. I've never been on a swiss so its still new to me. For setting up tools our tool 18 is my dedicated face and od tool. I skim the face and then make sure Im on the path 1 button lit, hit MDI then type G50 Z0, then hit the button to bring up Path 3 and hit MDI G50 Z0. To set up the X geometry I just type in MDI the tool number with offset like tool T17 with offset 17 so it would look like this in MDI T1717 and then put in the diameter of the bar stock in the machine like .250. I do this without the tool in the holder so that it doesn't crash into the barstock. The tool is called up and moves in the x to the desired barstock dia then I put the tool in with the insert against the barstock and tighten down. As for the Z it depends on the tool on how much the insert is offset in the holder compared to your facing tool. If you can get ahold of the programming or operation book for those machines they'll tell you everything you will need to get started.

Re: need tsugami set up help

thank you, ill look into the online training...I appreciate the help