585,667 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Ultimax 2 CRT Graphics Monitor Retrofit

Ultimax 2 CRT Graphics Monitor Retrofit

Has anyone ever retrofitted the graphics monitor using a standard PC CRT or LCD Monitor. I have an older BMC-30 with Ultimax 2 Controller. I know you can purchase monitor replacements but the $1200.00 - $1500.00 price is a lot of money. It seems to me it should be possible even though the connectors are not standard on the Ultimax 2. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Someone must have figured this out and came up with a wiring diagram or procedure.

Re: Ultimax 2 CRT Graphics Monitor Retrofit

Well, you have probably read my prior post "Ultimax Text Monitor Repairs ".
    Been there , done that. My solution was to stay with what I had
    The company up north seems capable of changing to LED, but the cost ( 1200-1500) was over my budget. They did offer the technical support it seemed .
    I found some suppliers in MO and TX that seemed capable at 500 $ , but neither had specifically changed a Hurco Ultimax II screen - that left me with a nervous factor
    The Text screen is a special frequency Monochrome screen ( 15+ K HZ ~) and the graphics screen is a more common RGB ( 16+ K HZ ~) running monochrome screens.
    The above may be in error as info, but it is what I remember when I looked.
    The Text also has a 5 pin feed and not 9 pins which seems to be a standard of some sort.

So yes, I would think someone has done this, but none that I was able to find 2 years ago

Rich

Thank you for your response. It is only my graphics monitor that I need to change. It hasn't worked in a few years and was never a problem except now I have a need to engrave and it cannot be done without the graphics screen. I have looked at using an arcade card to convert to a LCD monitor, but have an older Dell CRT monitor that was never used and would seem to be an ideal candidate. I just lack an understanding of the video signals and where what wire goes.

Chris

Retrofit LCD Monitors from 7" to 15" under $600. CNC Industrial monitor repair service.