584,846 active members*
4,636 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Information about RuiDa RDC6442G

Hello.

I have a couple of questions where i hope someone could have answer to them:

What is the password for getting into the "systemmenu" directly at the controlpanel on the machine ?
    I tried the RDWorks vendor password "RD8888" but this does not work on the controlpanel itself. (password works only in RDWorks)
    Any Hint ?

Is there any better manual (at least better english) that describes all the install and setup stuff for hardware connected to the controller, like when adding a Z axis, autohoming, autofocus ..., the controller has 3 digital outputs (Out 1 Out2 and Wind), is there any detailed manual how they exactly behave and how they are controlled.

The only more or less helpfull information is found was the 6442 Manual from "Thunderlaser", but even this is far from explaining things in detail. (so no real help)
    Is there a OEM implementation manual or do all chinese OEM's simply call RuiDa and ask them for every detail if they need it ?

Any additional information would be helpfull.

Thanks and best regards,
    Walter

Re: Information about RuiDa RDC6442G

Hi Walter, I am Martin from Argentina. First apologies for my english.
    I bought a 6442S from china, I am waiting for the controller, and in this time I investigate all that I can about this controller, download you the manual from ruida site ?
    http://en.rd-acs.com/Private/Files/a4d9f12fe9e32eb7.pdf There are a few thing more, but no a lot more
    And the Rdworks manual from the same site :
    http://en.rd-acs.com/Private/Files/2903becbd6191eab.rar
    I´d like to do a retrofit to my goldenlaser (2 fixed head, 80w and 50 w). Sadly, I just waiting, but when the 6442S arrive, I will try z control, U (rotary) options, etc
    In one of this manuals they tell about a password to reset the display... "123456" may be you try this.
    If you discover something, please tell about, and thanks
    Martin.-

Thanks Martin.

I already working on Version V8.1.16
    The manual is there for some time but is very limited for explaining things. Maybe my english is too poor but most of the more complicated parts are not understandable for me or even not explain at all.

Unfortunately the the passowrd "123456" was the first one that i tried, with no success, as in the manual it says "password error" :-)

Best regrds,
    Walter

Try "CC8888" for my machine (entered on the LCD panel). "RD8888" works for RDworks.

I am another interested party- CC8888 gives me a password error. Thanks Gene

In a old ruida controller manual i found a "666888" , maybe, maybe not ...
    Martin.-

And Walter, I realized that you show a real dificult with this controller... (and ruida seems to be a bit better than others...) I think this is more in a investigative task, collecting piece by piece of clues... reading pdf of other controller of ruida, and a lot of proof and error, viewing videos, reading, ufffff.
    For example, in other pdf they said that 3° axis is for lift table and 4° axis (U) is for feeding... nothing about better rotary management... sadly...
    When mi controller arrive, i plan to proof a lot. Aaaaaaaand if there are more closed road, then i will choose a "open" road, smootieboard, a lot of research, but you have more control, gcode, etc. Including engraving...
    Martin.-

I have this controller installed in my laser engraver and I have a question regarding the LED indicator lights. The pdf manual doesn't describe what the led indicators are telling me. My led indicator light 14 is blinking and will not allow the laser to fire. Can you tell me what indicator led 14 is signalling please? Thank you for your assistance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruida RDC6442G LED 14 blinking.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	317480

Quote Originally Posted by GeneMpls View Post
    I am another interested party- CC8888 gives me a password error. Thanks Gene
    Gene, you can also try HF8888.

Gene, you can also try HF8888.

Thank you- that one did work- unfortunately it seems to reset to it's original config. I was imagining being able to set variables but that is done trough the software program it seems. Gene

Gene, did you by chance save the settings to text file? If so, you can read them back in to restore them.

I have but not as lately as I would have liked. I learn/change things everyday and don't click save as often as I should. But... ya learn more when things go bad than when everything is goin' good. Thanks Gene

hovedskou Guest

Quote Originally Posted by s1nth3sys View Post
    I have this controller installed in my laser engraver and I have a question regarding the LED indicator lights. The pdf manual doesn't describe what the led indicators are telling me. My led indicator light 14 is blinking and will not allow the laser to fire. Can you tell me what indicator led 14 is signalling please? Thank you for your assistance.

If you look on your own picture, you will see that led 14 means RUN..!! ;-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ruidaLed14.jpg  

Hi, did you solve this problem?

May I ask is there any interest in basically writing "our" own manual?
    I too have the same issues with the current one. It does not go into enough details on most items and does not even mention some options or explain drop down box options well.
    One of the guys here speaks, reads, and writes Chinese, so we have their manual too, and it is sorely lacking too.
    My thought can we find/get a contact in Ruida that will help us help them? I'm more than happy to make a great English manual and send it to Ruida and everyone else who wants it free.
    The only thing that is stopping us now is having someone answer our questions regarding what they are trying to say and or mean.
    Any Ideas!

its an old topic but interesting as people try to deal with laser

I purchased last year a 40 watt small laser..
    known as K40
    took a day or so figuring and setting mirror..
    it worked so great for me so I went ahead and bought one a 1060 24x40 approx. with ruida control

it also took a day to start with, because don't using the rdworks editing but only sending output to laser

I also was looking for pdfs and found practically everything on ruida webdsite
    they are helpful, I contacted them trough Skype..

but heres the trick, the user manual made for people who building the laser, and EVERYTHING is in the manual necessary to adjusting the control and wirring up motors switches laser ..

however it really require more knowledge than a simple desktop printer.. and I think everyone who buys a laser like this, should learn about..

operating the machine already not support..
    the company I purchased they expressively told me, I have to have basic knowledge to setup and operate the machine on my own..

I have a Ruida 6442g controller. When I shut the power off and then back on, it loses the xy settings and sends the laser head into top left collision. I re-input the sttings and it works, but if I turn it off, and on again (either right away or later), the settings are lost and it collides on start-up again. I am not sure if these systems have a CMOS battery or some similar volitale memory or not. Can someone advise on this problem?

Thanks!!

It is trying to home. If you have limit switches it would home then go back to the place you last used

Hi. My Ruida controller display show at the bottom of the display working conditions of power supply, voltage, current. How can I hide this information?