585,888 active members*
3,901 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

local subroutines ??

Hi guys,
    I am looking at adding machines possibly with fanuc controllers. I currently have a Robodrill with a Fanuc 16 I believe. To my knowledge the fanuc 16 will not perform local subroutines. It will do subprograms fine but I am looking to run each tool across multiple offsets by calling up the work offset and going to that specific line in the program, performing that operation and then returning all with in the same program. My Haas's do this, my milltronics do this, even my antiquated Tree does this. My question is, What model of Fanuc control if any, will do this?

Re: local subroutines ??

on the haas there is the m code to goto a specific line number in the program then return back to that line
    m97pxxxx
    if this is what you are describing for the haas then we have a kitamura with a 31i fanuc control that we use m98QXXXX there was a parameter change that had to be done to use this feature
    not sure if this helps at all
    rcs60

Quote Originally Posted by rcs60 View Post
    on the haas there is the m code to goto a specific line number in the program then return back to that line
    m97pxxxx
    if this is what you are describing for the haas then we have a kitamura with a 31i fanuc control that we use m98QXXXX there was a parameter change that had to be done to use this feature
    not sure if this helps at all
    rcs60
    Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
    Thanks.

Try using M99P#### where P=N####. I used to jump around in a program using this on a Fanuc and a Yasnac. Sometimes a GOTO wasn't available, but if you have Macro B, you can use this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by hoganj View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am looking at adding machines possibly with fanuc controllers. I currently have a Robodrill with a Fanuc 16 I believe. To my knowledge the fanuc 16 will not perform local subroutines. It will do subprograms fine but I am looking to run each tool across multiple offsets by calling up the work offset and going to that specific line in the program, performing that operation and then returning all with in the same program. My Haas's do this, my milltronics do this, even my antiquated Tree does this. My question is, What model of Fanuc control if any, will do this?
    Hello hoganj,
    Fanuc Local Subprograms were introduced with the FS16i controls and is available on the i control, not just FS16. Parameter 6005.0 has to be set to "1" to enable this feature. The syntax for calling a Local Subprogram is as follows:

M98 Q_ _ _ _
    Where:
    Q_ _ _ _ = The Sequence number that is the start of the Subprogram

Usually the Subprogram will be places after M30 or M02 in the Main Program; see the following example:

---------------
    ---------------
    ---------------
    M98 Q4
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    M30
    N04 ------------
    -------------------
    -------------------
    -------------------
    M99

When parameter 6005.0 is set to "1", an External Subprogram can also be started from a specified Sequence Number within the External Subprogram using the following Syntax

M98 P# # # # Q_ _ _ _
    Where:
    P# # # # = External Subprogram Number
    Q_ _ _ _ = Sequence number from which to start from in the External Subprogram

Example
    M98 P1000 Q30

O1000
    N10 --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    N20 --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    N30 --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    --------------
    M99

In the above example, External Subprogram O1000 will be Called and execution commenced at Sequence Number N30

Regards,

Bill