585,557 active members*
3,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: alphacam

Question alphacam

Hello all i all looking for some help i have a older version of alpha cam 2000 ultimate that came with our cnc router it has a dongle key in the printer serial port. well that program is installed on a old hp laptop and i have also installed it on a old desk top well for keeping this running smothly i would like to up grade the computer and have it run on a desk top with my cabinet software installed on same machine otherwise i have 2 desktops runnning at my desk as the cabinet shotware is not able to run on old computer..

so the question is being it is alphacam 2000 and runs on windows xp can i some how get this to run on windows 7,8,10 which is is readily available and my cabinet software needs.

i have tried and it seems start installing then just wont finish i am trying to install on new refurbished desk top running windows 10 i also tried on a lapptop with windows 7 and got nothing at all

i do realize if i can get this to work i will need to install a serial port in desk top not a big deal just want to know if this will work at all before i go to that step

please all you old alphacam guys help a new user out

Re: alphacam

i have windows 7 home on the laptop i read that is doesnt have that but might be wrong any other ideas

The other alternatives are Dual boot to run XP and 7 or 10 on same machine, or a virtual machine to run XP in, both options well documented if you google them.

so if i understand correctly i should be able to run alphacam 2000 on some sort of virtual mode for windows 10 or 7 or 8 even i might have ti ask the computer guy i ues if he know how to do that as i am not 100%cure thanks

You run a virtual occurence of XP and then run programs in XP

s00073055 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcnc View Post
    Hello all i all looking for some help i have a older version of alpha cam 2000 ultimate that came with our cnc router it has a dongle key in the printer serial port. well that program is installed on a old hp laptop and i have also installed it on a old desk top well for keeping this running smothly i would like to up grade the computer and have it run on a desk top with my cabinet software installed on same machine otherwise i have 2 desktops runnning at my desk as the cabinet shotware is not able to run on old computer..

so the question is being it is alphacam 2000 and runs on windows xp can i some how get this to run on windows 7,8,10 which is is readily available and my cabinet software needs.

i have tried and it seems start installing then just wont finish i am trying to install on new refurbished desk top running windows 10 i also tried on a lapptop with windows 7 and got nothing at all

i do realize if i can get this to work i will need to install a serial port in desk top not a big deal just want to know if this will work at all before i go to that step

please all you old alphacam guys help a new user out
    Hello I had same problem. window 7 does not support 16bit installer files the files on this link 32-Bit Setups worked for me.

At my shop we run alpha cam on an iMac with a virtual windows 7 machine using VMware.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk