585,752 active members*
4,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach Slant Lathe > TORMACH 15L SLANT-PRO CNC Lathe: Unbox and Setup Log Video

TORMACH 15L SLANT-PRO CNC Lathe: Unbox and Setup Log Video

If you are interested here is a < 15 minute video showing the process i went through of unboxing and general setup of my new Tormach CNC lathe.

Click to Subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=s2gamesjesse

I'm VERY excited to start using her!

Jesse

Re: TORMACH 15L SLANT-PRO CNC Lathe: Unbox and Setup Log Video

More, more and more!
    Great video ...

Pat H.

Great video. Very professional intro. Can tell you have been doing this for awhile.

Just one comment "still have to fit the car in there".

What? Fit a car in your workshop. No way. My 3 car garage (with RV port) hasn't seen a car (or RV) inside for 3 years.

but then it doesn't snow here much....

On one of the shots, I see some circular blanking plates on each side of the front. Are there corresponding ones on the back? Could you run steel rod through there for lifting the machine? That is how I lifted both my lathe and my Tormach 1100 (rather than clamping an eyebolt to the table which seems to me is a stupid way to do it when you have a nice slot machined in the front of the base for a lifting rod).

EDIT: so I went and looked at your video, and the shot on the back shows the same circular holes. Looks to me like steel rods run through there would allow lifting the whole thing. Since I have load levels and a 2 ton gantry, that would make it pretty easy to get it off the pallet without buying the lifting kit.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Great video. Thanks for posting, I subscribed to your channel! :cheers:

I've been looking for a lathe for about a year myself and this would be my first CNC anything. It looks like the Tormach 15L really fits the bill perfectly. Looking forward to more videos!