584,841 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Facing problem while using mastercam x9 for solidworks

Facing problem while using mastercam x9 for solidworks

While taking new sketch previous Operations become dirty. So if any body have any idea about this problem please share. It causing problem after making new sketch in new operation and regenerate all the previous dirty operations again and again.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Facing problem while using mastercam x9 for solidworks

Maybe some actual info regarding your issue or maybe ask a question. ..you will get some answers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sami11 View Post
    While taking new sketch previous Operations become dirty. So if any body have any idea about this problem please share. It causing problem after making new sketch in new operation and regenerate all the previous dirty operations again and again.
    Is this a Lathe operation ?

- if it is... it is because you have your operations set to "calculate from STOCK"....
    when you are bringing in a new sketch, you are changing the previously calculated paths, that is why your operations are "dirty", it is doing things correctly

a way around it is to turn OFF the "calculate path from previous stock" in each operation

I am facing this problem in milling operation and I don't know the reason.

I am facing this problem in milling operation and I don't know the reason.
    Are you deleting the previous "SKETCH" that the toolpath operations are associated with ?
    and then importing a "NEW" design ?

or
    Are you selecting features on a solid model ?
    modifying a solid after creating the toolpaths ?

You need to explain all your steps, are any warnings displayed on-screen ?

It occurs without deleting the previous sketch I import new sketch after first time. Also no features and solid models were modified

It occurs without deleting the previous sketch I import new sketch after first time. Also no features and solid models were modified
    Mastercam creates paths relative to selected entities, if you delete any entity that has been used to "construct" a toolpath
    .... then that operation technically has been modified but not regenerated
    .... this is indicated by the "dirty" icon ( toolpath does NOT match the new parameters of that operation )

so if you delete a sketch, the selected geometry is also deleted ( you should get a screen warning that entities being deleted are used in toolpaths, & you have to acknowledge that warning to continue )
    - if you regen a "dirty" path, it should display a warning that the operation contains no geometry.... you would then need to re-select entities before obtaining a toolpath

Are you doing this to keep the same operations to be used on other, different parts ?
    - there is an easier way, & you get to keep that part session & toolpath operations for later retrieval