585,667 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Setting multiple zero points in Mach 3 for multiple fixtures

Question Setting multiple zero points in Mach 3 for multiple fixtures

Hey guys,

Is Mach 3 capable of doing this?

For example, let's say that I have multiple fixtures set up for my machine. Each fixture has it's own unique zero starting position. Is Mach 3 capable of saving those multiple unique zero positions so that I don't have to go back and set a new zero position each time I change the fixture?

I'd really like to be able to remove one fixture, insert a new fixture (using special pins for position), move the tool to the saved zero position, and be ready to go without homing and resetting the zero/zero point manually.

If it's not possible within Mach 3, is there another way I could do this?

Re: Setting multiple zero points in Mach 3 for multiple fixtures

That's what you use the offsets for
    you can have multiple offsets stored starting with G54

If you have not used these yet you will find it is really easy

To test this move your machine to some position and in the offset pages select G54 which is the default offset then Zero x and y
    Then move you machine to some other position and then select G55 and then zero x and y

now go to a MDI and type G54 x0y0 your machine will move to x0y0 at the g54 offset
    now type g55 x0y0 you will soon get the idea ,it's all in the Mach3 Help files.

Note you don't need to select a offset from the offset page you can just type in a MDI
    You have to make sure you'r GCode is outputing the correct offset for the given fixture.

Re: Setting multiple zero points in Mach 3 for multiple fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_41 View Post
    That's what you use the offsets for
    you can have multiple offsets stored starting with G54

If you have not used these yet you will find it is really easy

To test this move your machine to some position and in the offset pages select G54 which is the default offset then Zero x and y
    Then move you machine to some other position and then select G55 and then zero x and y

now go to a MDI and type G54 x0y0 your machine will move to x0y0 at the g54 offset
    now type g55 x0y0 you will soon get the idea ,it's all in the Mach3 Help files.

Note you don't need to select a offset from the offset page you can just type in a MDI
    You have to make sure you'r GCode is outputing the correct offset for the given fixture.
    Thanks! That helps quite a bit. I figured this out last night, but I did not know about typing into the MDI. I knew about the MDI and how to use it, but I didn't know you could just type the offset before typing out G0X0Y0, and it would go to that specific offset. Nice!