584,857 active members*
4,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad V27 "nc file path" won't stick

Bobcad V27 "nc file path" won't stick

I set a path under Milling Job/ Current Setting /Posting and it will not stick. The post (nc code) is saved where Bobcad wants it to go . This happens after I change the post processor. I've tried saving the .bbcd, closing and reloading Bobcad, etc. Is there a way to make the nc file path permanent?

Re: Bobcad V27 "nc file path" won't stick

Have you set it under "CAM Defaults > Current settings > Posting" to be the default, if not go to there and set the file path, then go to the "Machine Parameters" tab, double check that all the settings there are as you want them (rapids, max feeds etc) and if all OK then ckick the "Save as a Default" button.

Important, now close BobCAD and re-open it and the settings should have "stuck"

Every time you open V27 it will have those settings, if you change a PP in a Milling Job the NC file path should not change.

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

I have a question related to this. I have my default post processor set for my milling machine, but is it possible to set one for a lathe as well? When I go under "CAM Defaults > Current settings > Posting" I see my mill post listed, and there is no place to select a lathe default post. Any ideas?

Malish: as best I can tell you should open a new machining job (V27). FILE NEW / MACHINING JOB / TURNING / SELECT MACHINE. I only see one machine: BC_2x_Lathe. And I have not played with the lathe function yet.