585,914 active members*
3,846 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Yama Seiki

Page 2 of 2 12

Yama Seiki

I will disclose that I am a Yama Seiki dealer. Yama Seiki is simply a US trade name and the name has only been around since 2000. The mills are built by AWEA and the lathes are built by Goodway.

Many know AWEA as the builder of some Toyoda VMC's but they have also been imported to the US under the Mighty Viper namea after which, Goodway bought AWEA. IMO, the AWEA is a very good solid machine at a good price.

Like AWEA, the Goodway lathe product by Yama Seiki is equally a solid product and like AWEA, Goodway is a master builder and one of the the largest cnc lathe builders in Taiwan. By master builder I mean that AWEA and Goodway build for many third party brands.

There are better machines out there of course ( and thee is much much worse); Yama Seiki is a very high value product, ie., you get a good quality machine (with alot of standard features) for the money your spending.

AWEA Web Site - CNC Machine Tools - The Ultimate Machining Power - Bridge Brings Performance
    GOODWAY Web Site - CNC Machine Tools - The Ultimate Machining Power
    YAMA SEIKI Web Site - CNC Machine Tools - The Ultimate Machining Power

you will notice all the sites run on the same theme

Hope this helps.

its a fanuc

Quote Originally Posted by knielson View Post
    sorry - but here goes silly question:

I am looking for a programmer/operator for a yama seiki cnc mill and am having trouble finding someone with experience on that specific machine. Is there a similar machine/program to this one?
    its a fanuc control not a yama seiki control so look for a fanuc programmer/operator

revive and old thread... we actually own one yama seiki(awea) BM1600...
    and are actually looking to purchase another...overall machine has been good machine..
    minor spindle issue...but not the machine builders fault..
    had it since 2005...and ran that crap out of it the first few years..
    2 shifts...now...we are looking at another 1600 or equiv.

Call David Langan @ A & D.....828 682 0727. He will give you all the info you need.

Page 2 of 2 12