584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: progress

progress

awesome stuff hoss, i cant thank you enough man... for some reason. i kept having to get to the screen set through the view button... so i put the files in the corresponding files in mach 3 folder and the screenset shows up automatically when i open now... i test on my laptop first then install on the mill rig so i dont screw anything up where it counts... LOL/// i tested with just the tool setter by touching the plate as it was finding edges and centers.... AWESOMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOSS.... ill be ordering a probe in a few days and a seperate tool setter cuz i dont like the idea of disassembing the touch probe to set tools

question......do the touch probe and tool setter have to be the same type...by that i mean do they both have to be of the type that closes to complete circuit...or can one be Normally open and the other normally closed

I.is there a way to slow it down when it returns to the zero point after finding the edge... just curious if not..im happy as hell annyway....

so your screenset is working with no effort on my part.... your the the man hoss...

then i got to work setting up the pendant... i received it yesterday from russia...the shuttleru... super awesome little piece of work and worth the money i think...its built like a fricken tank... the seller was perfect in every way ...fast to respond to messages and i recieved it ready to go fully programmed with sd card ... i couldnt get a handle on how to set yp the screens so he was nice enough to set it up like his and the onlly function that doesnt work is the elasped time dro... i cant get it to show the elapsed time..once i fuigure out how to set it up myself ill take a stab at making my own screen sets for it...but as it stands it does absolutely everything i need it to do with about 10 functions left over for whatever i may need...

man its much better setting up parts with this thing...

i had the vfd plugin working on my laptop for the huanyangvfd... but had a hjeck of a time getting the right driver on the mill computer...but finally i got it... once i found the driver... it was easy from there...vhangred the settings in the vfd ... crossed the 2 wires going to the vfd and voila there t was... fnstant full control of the motor and vfd through mach3 ... with correct displays on the dros of mach3 and pendant.. the motor will go as low as 50rpm if i want it to..

im set up at 1 to 2 on the belt drive ...so im not sure what rpm i should end up with for tapping...well see i guess..

im out of excuses and its time to machine the motor mounts for the belt conversion.. starting this week... i hope it goes well

the camera plugin works great on my laptop...but on the mill computer it would freeze up and not recognize the camera...and it was missing the crosshair for some reason... not sure... so i ended up using the camera plugin from k dietz which works great..

thanks again guys

Re: progress

ok....i managed to stumble through one part...thats brely useable but i learned alot...like recheck the tightness of the gibs...LOL..

so ive got the offsets thing figured out... i zero using the first tool...with that tool in the tool window... then everything works out...

ive been getting the soft limit warning when doing a tool change... what i can see is that when it goes to the tool change position its actually going all the way up to the end of the soft limit extent...
    soft limit is 0 i think
    soft limit slown down is -.250
    i have safe Z set to use safe z moves in machine machine coordinates .. safe setting is -.3

so when i hit start after the tool change is says movement aborted soft limits bla bla
    i lowered the Z manually about 1 whole inch say about -1.000 then regen toolpath and hit start and voila no soft limit warning ..

can someone tell me what im doing wrong or what setting im screwing up

the safe is working because when i enable goto safe when stop button is hit, it goes up to whatever number i have in the safe Z box...
    its almost like the posted cose is ignoring the safez for the tool change

thank
    rick

i just looked at the code and its doing exactly what the post is telling to do
    the point where it goes up is
    g0z0
    maybe theres a stop missing or a setting in the cam..

its using an m1 optional stop instead of m9 stop non optional...
    is there a way i can change mach3 settings so it reacts the same to an optional stop as to a stop..
    or can i change the cam to do a non optional stop instead of an optional stop

the g0z0 command is coming before the M1

i got it... i think... im not sure.. but i think closing and restarting mach3 is what did the trick... i tried putting values in the set tool change position, but its not having any bearing on the stop position... its using the safe z value now for sure...