584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

GCC Laserpro L-30

Hello, Picking up a machine in the morning. Sounds like the tube is on its last leg according to the owner, but the rest of the machine functions as it should. Includes computer with the software and corel draw. Apparently it has a synrad laser that sounds like it might have a chance of being recharged either from the manufacturer or a 3rd party service for $750-$1000. If not, a retrofit can always be in its future as im picking it up cheap enough. Also wondering, if the tube is fully shot and non repairable, would I be able to install one of those smaller solidstate lasers 1W-2W for engraving only. Anyone have one of these machines?

http://www.gcc.com.tw/data/recogniti...374795NCG7.pdf

Re: GCC Laserpro L-30

You can certainly fit a diode directly on the head by removing 5v TTL drive used to control High Voltage to Co2 and using it to operate the diode TTL, just fitted this one to a cheap chinese 40w as a stop gap for someone in same circumstances as you.

Aliexpress.com : Buy REAL 2000mw/2w 445 445nm 450nm Focusable blue Laser Module diode High Power laser Engraving Machine TT L DIY CNC Adjust from Reliable laser pistol suppliers on APC Science & Technology Co.,Ltd | Alibaba Group

Quote Originally Posted by Louis_Cannell View Post
    You can certainly fit a diode directly on the head by removing 5v TTL drive used to control High Voltage to Co2 and using it to operate the diode TTL, just fitted this one to a cheap chinese 40w as a stop gap for someone in same circumstances as you.

Aliexpress.com : Buy REAL 2000mw/2w 445 445nm 450nm Focusable blue Laser Module diode High Power laser Engraving Machine TT L DIY CNC Adjust from Reliable laser pistol suppliers on APC Science & Technology Co.,Ltd | Alibaba Group
    Thanks for the info, and the link. Any pictures of yours? How does the 2 watts work out as far as engraving and cutting limitations? It will still cut rubber, foam, balsa wood? Or only engrave? Might be a good cheap option in the mean time while I figure out my options on the tube recharge/purchase.

Cutting restricted to Paper and Card, thin Balsa, thin Leather, Cloth unlike Co2 they won't engrave clear acrylic etc, can engrave Black Acrylic cut thin black with many passes. As for rubber etc go careful as they can produce extremely toxic fumes especially PVC. Can't supply pic's as I did this for someone and I have no access to machine now. I do have a small stand alone CNC engraver using same laser unit I use for cutting patterns, gaskets and engraving setup on Arduino / Ramps 1.4 running repetier firmware allows me to generate G-Code directly from Inkscape.

I like repetier, have it on my solidoodle 3. Better than nothing for the time being!

Smile Re: GCC Laserpro L-30

Well great news. Moving the machine 125 miles went perfect. Machine appeared in great shape when I got there. The guy was really nice, and into woodworking, and cnc routing. He was getting married and decided to part ways with it. He showed me how to run it, and 5 minutes later we were cutting a test file. Test file ran about 20% marking on wood, when the laser cut out, and didn't mark any more. This was as advertised, but it seemed to work for a short period of time. Got it home, hooked it up, cleaned the optics, and ran a test file. Laser now performed and actually finished the test file @ 50% power and 50% speed. Removed the double mirror optic right out of the bottom of the laser at the 90 and found it to be fully covered in dust. Previous owner had it in small wood shop. Dust in, and on everything. took the day vacuuming, cleaning, wiping out. Now its pretty much dust free (I'll be making filters on the intakes in the future). Tomorrow I'm going to give the optics a final clean, and retry running it at 100%. The small gast air pump also had the bronze filter partially plugged up (air assist to keep the lower optic clean). I found the auto Z height set tool was unplugged. Plugged it back it and tested it with my hand on the "stop" button after verifying with a multi meter it worked. Worked like a charm! So far not in it for very much, and some sweat equity. I called to get a quote on the recharge, probably range from $1000-$2000 and they go through the entire laser, not just refill it. I'm not about to blindly send it in just yet. Going to order a laser power meter off ebay, to check what kind of wattage I have coming off the laser first, and than after each optic. I was advised that it could very well be a bad optic, misalignment, etc. I'll take the optics out of the equation and see what kind of power i'm getting and diagnose from there. I will also check the power supply voltage, for proper operation (meanwell 32VDC). Uploading a few pics.. So far so good!

Before Cleaning..

A couple after cleaning it up. Pictures don't really do it justice. Probably took out a half pound of dust, and left over laser remnants. Lots of dust in the fans and the power supply (not any more). I also have a Epilog honeycomb laser table for it (not shown), two auto focus tools, 1 manual focus tool, optic cleaning solution, rotary axis, LED light strip and power supply, computer, software, manual, stand, monitor, mouse, keyboard, gast air pump, and 4" AC blower with ducting. Not a bad deal. Tomorrow we try try again! I'll get it running!

Gave it a second shot. Tried to cut some .3mm clear plastic. 100% power at 4% speed still wouldn't do it. Marks it, and will mark wood and cardboard. I believe I might have to drop the laser tube, as I can see the internal laser lens is not clean. My laser power meter is on its way also.

https://youtu.be/ksNvdR9CcHc

Here's a video from someone else about cleaning a Synrad laser. I basically need to pull it off, and take the side plate off to clean the optic.

Before dropping the laser, I'll attempt to clean the lens with ethyl alcohol as suggested per the synrad manual. I'm hoping the Lens has not thermally degraded to a point of replacment.

Cleaned laser, no better results. Next I'll check power supply. Laser says should be at 32volts, the board thst it's connected to says 30 volts silkscreened onto a power breakout board, and the power supply is a 27v power supply... wtf!

SP-500-27: MEAN WELL: Power Supplies & Wall Adapters

Many power supplies can be adjusted above the reported levels, why it aslways pays to check output rather than relying on labels.

Power supply is at 32.19 volts. When the laser quits burning, power supply voltage remains stable. Signal to power supply also remains stable per the led on the laser getting commands to fire from the motherboard. At this point I believe it either has low gas and needs a recharge, or something internal to the laser electrically is on its last leg. Waiting for power meter to do a power shot, and if it fails, I'll drop the laser and open it up to inspect anything obvious.. if that doesn't work, I'll send her in.

Still waiting on the meter. Any other laserpro owners here?

Hello
    How does things going whith the laser and the power meter?
    I have a GCC L25 whith a Synrad 48-2 laser/Greetings from Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by fullfrs View Post
    Hello
    How does things going whith the laser and the power meter?
    I have a GCC L25 whith a Synrad 48-2 laser/Greetings from Sweden
    Greetings. Power meter did come but I was side tracked. Still need to measure the laser output. Is yours having the same problems?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not yet so big problems as yours machine.
    I am cutting hobbythings out of 4mm HDF sheets. After about 5-10 minutes cutting att 100% power @ 0.8% speed its slowly start losing power and after 60 minutes it cuts only aboute 3mm. If i start at the same spot where i ended cuting after a hour it cuts throu nice again. Perhaps the CO2 need to be refilled. I have been in contact whith GCC and get a tip to check the caps on the RF-boards but they seams to be ok, i mesured the 1000pF caps to 1480pF on my Fluke whithout desolder them, they must have bin changed before because there was burnmark on the inside off the lid. I have tryed to lowering the voltage to the tube from 32.16 to 30.00 at full power but it didnt seems to make any change. The ripple on the Dc voltage is aboute 14mVAC. I have read aboute the important tuning of the RF-card and the caps that tends to blow, it is possible change the caps whithout re-tune the RF-card, some says that is possible to damage the card if you drive them whith wrong voltage. /Greetings Åke

Try cutting at 1% speed, 100% power. I have a 60 watt Spirit and cut 3mm acrylic at 1.2% speed, 100% power. I can't remember the setting I used on my 25Watt GCC Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEngraver View Post
    Try cutting at 1% speed, 100% power. I have a 60 watt Spirit and cut 3mm acrylic at 1.2% speed, 100% power. I can't remember the setting I used on my 25Watt GCC Mercury.
    I don't have any 3mm but It's just cut through 4mm acrylic at 1.8% speed so if i test 1% it probably cut through after a hour also, perhaps my problem is normally . Have you notise any power loss during long cuts?/Greetings Åke

Page 1 of 2 12